Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:44 PM
buggsbunny

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile boat paddle .22 wmr accuracy .

Hi all I have a chance to but a new old stock .22 wmr ruger boat paddle it been in stock it seems for a number of years, I have handled the .22 lr version and it felt very comfortable to handle as im in the market for a wmr I thought id get it but accuracy is my main aim its for crows and fox mainly.would anybody on the forum like to comment on accuracy .
many thanks.
buggsbunny.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:52 PM
cwlongshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Exclamation

I have had one "boat paddle" stock 22 WMR and one 77/22 VARMINTER sts 24" HB. (I also had MOST of the mini 77 series rifles)

NONE where accurate enough for me. As much as i like Rugers.. these almost did Ruger in for me. I swore off them for more than a few years.

When Ruger announced the american rimfire, I was first in line and bought them the weekend they where released.

Mine is now THE MOST ACCURATE 22 WMR I own. For me to say that, you should know its no small feat as I own almost 40 different 22 magnum forearms. The 22maggis is a outright favorite!

The price is right and the little rifle worderful for its price point. I suggest you give it a try!

Bu sure to buy some Hornady 30g VMAX ammo.

Good luck!

CW
Old 07-12-2016, 05:52 PM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the boat paddle Mark 2 in 270 and a 10-22. Neither stock fits well for me when scoped or red dot. I have to almost place my chin on top of the stock. I've never shouldered a 77-22 boat paddle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 03:32 PM
FyrepowrX

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
with ammo it likes, this is typical of 50 yard accuracy, with my stock boat paddle mag, topped with a Bausch&Lomb Elite 3x9.

Mine did not shoot as well with lightweights such as the various 30gr v-max Win black box supreme, etc...it has performed fairly well with several 40gr loads, including the Win silver box JHP's, the PMC Predator, (Armscor), and a couple of others.

it tended to not do quite as well with plated bullet loads such as CCI, Fiocchi, etc.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:21 AM
COVEJEEPSXJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
FyrepowrX, How about posting a full pic of that camo dipped stock!!!!!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:13 PM
JFK10/22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have a boat paddle 77/22 22 magnum all weather but I have done some work on it. I replaced the factory barrel with a Clark custom stainless steel barrel. This is from the era when Clark was in Princeton, LA. It is a 19 inch sporter profile. The rifle had great trigger job done by my gunsmith The stainless steel rings are hand lapped and it has a Burris 4x12 AO R/A compact scope on top. Lastly the bolt has a two tear drop pattern checkered on it for better purchase.
It is a dedicated rimfire varmint rifle and serves it's purpose. I have no problem toting it around on my farm in a tractor or truck. It likes Winchester 40 grain JHP ammo.
It is probably not fair to compare a semi custom rifle to a factory rifle. I happen to like the contrasting look of the stainless steel against the black of the stock and scope.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:52 PM
FyrepowrX

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COVEJEEPSXJ View Post
FyrepowrX, How about posting a full pic of that camo dipped stock!!!!!
.22maggy on the right, 17HMR on the left....

the one in the middle has both .22LR and .17mach2 barrels ; in the pic it was the .22LR, but it currently wears the .17M2 tube with a Burris 3x9-AO on top.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:51 PM
COVEJEEPSXJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Too Cool! Thanks for posting. Awesome lineup!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:26 PM
wildhobbybobby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My boat paddle 77/22 in .22 WRM has accounted for well over 2000 prairie dogs, plus a few other varmints, over the years. I have used only W-W Super-X 40 gr. HP ammunition in the rifle. On the range, if the wind is calm I get groups of about 1 1/2".

My rifle is completely stock and wears a Leupold 6x36 fixed power scope with Long Range Dot reticle. With the center crosshair sighted at 100 yards, each dot gives an extra 25 yard aiming point. The rifle is murder on PD's out to 175 yards, and I once lobbed bullet into a very unlucky PD at over 400 yards with that .22 Magnum.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 08-14-2016 at 04:31 PM.