Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:53 AM
Onearm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
17 Hornady Hornet

Another interesting centerfire rifle just showed up in the RFC Trading Post. It is a very unusual Chiappa Mini-Sharps in 17 Hornady Hornet, with a Hi-Lux 6X Malcom scope. I did a bit of research and read good things about the rifle, the scope and the cartridge. The cartridge is 22 Hornet necked down to take a 17 cal. bullet. The rifle is a smaller copy of a Sharps, made in Italy. The scope is an old style long tube scope, made in the USA

Anyone interested in unusual single shot centerfire rifles should check this deal out. I just spent all of my firearms cash on another rifle and scope or I would be making an offer on this one.

Does anyone here on RFC have any experience with 17 HH?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Jeremy B
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The 17HH is a nice cartridge, my CZ527 groups factory ammo under .5" at 100 yards. Ammo and brass are hard to find right now but Hornady is expected to be running some soon

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 AM
mi17

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Savage in 17 hornet. Its a good shooting gun and I like the caliber. I took 3 woodchucks at around 235 yards last year with it. Also several other's at distances closer than that. I just wish Hornady would get some more ammo/brass out soon.