Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stith View Post
Just a suggestion, but if you shoot at more than one location, you will find that you need different height poles. Most ranges are not nice flat fields with the top of bench and bottom of target at same relative heights. Some have dips in the terrain. Some shoot downhill and some uphill. Many matches restrict the flags to being below the line of sight from top of bench to bottom of target frame. On my local range I have to use pole heights that vary from 14 inches to 60 inches.
Definitely going to be an issue, I am trying to locate some cheap music stands that should work fine. Ideally 5 would be awesome by I'll manage with 3 adjustability would be the biggest benefit to that.

I also plan to eventually design better tops but for now ribbon works just fine

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solamar View Post
Love the idea and am definitely going to try some! But my range (inland socal) has rock hard ground, would not be easy to pound these into the ground. Any ideas for a simple, appropriately weighted base to make them free standing? Maybe a 6x6 piece of that heavy rubber horse mat? Coffee can and concrete would be overkill...
Hey Solamar, where in inland SoCal???? I shoot out of SoCal the pictures above were taken at Prado Olympic Shooting Park.

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Solamar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknboostn View Post
Hey Solamar, where in inland SoCal???? I shoot out of SoCal the pictures above were taken at Prado Olympic Shooting Park.

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Alright, that makes two rimfire shooters in CA

I live in north San Diego county and shoot ar the Rainbow range near Temecula.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Black_Talon

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solamar View Post
Alright, that makes two rimfire shooters in CA
Nope, there's at least three. I shoot at http://www.larrclub.org/
Old 10-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know of a few, but not many in the same area! If you guys are up for it, let's meet up and do a shoot!!!

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:34 AM
rimreaper
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Lets all roadtrip to Las Vegas and shoot at Clark County Shooting Park!!! Sixty shooting tables at the rifle/pistol range...$9 a day per person all day,no waiting if we shoot in the middle of the week...stadium lights for when it gets dark...THATS SIXTY INDIVIDUAL AND IMMOVABLE CONCRETE AND STEEL TABLES!!! for each lane which include the 25-to-200yards with 50-75-100, etc in-ground slots for the target stands. They provide the stands and backers. There is a rimfire league at the park If we cant make it as a group, you owe it to yourselves to shoot at this park the next time you visit Las Vegas...you wont be sorry I'll be there AGAIN in February

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/p...-services.aspx
Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Vincine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknboostn View Post
Materials: . . . .

That's what I've been using, sort of. I've got hollow green plant stakes instead and have been tying the tape on.

Different lengths of tape react differently at the same wind speed. Is there a 'standard' length for the tape that everybody uses?

Also, if I use the driveway markers & binder clips like you have, will my wind conditions drop to zero like in your photo, instead of the 0 to 7 mph variable direction conditions my range usually has?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimreaper View Post
Lets all roadtrip to Las Vegas and shoot at Clark County Shooting Park!!! Sixty shooting tables at the rifle/pistol range...$9 a day per person all day,no waiting if we shoot in the middle of the week...stadium lights for when it gets dark...THATS SIXTY INDIVIDUAL AND IMMOVABLE CONCRETE AND STEEL TABLES!!! for each lane which include the 25-to-200yards with 50-75-100, etc in-ground slots for the target stands. They provide the stands and backers. There is a rimfire league at the park If we cant make it as a group, you owe it to yourselves to shoot at this park the next time you visit Las Vegas...you wont be sorry I'll be there AGAIN in February

No doubt a first class facility, great staff there very helpful and friendly.
was there this past Sunday trying to shoot in 15-20mph wind my meter showed gust of 28mph ! blew down my wind flags went home after that.

February ! better bring thermals and a nice thick jacket with the wind blowing can be in the mid-30's during the daytime
Old 11-06-2013, 10:50 AM
ek-marlin-424

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I've connected a ribbon to the dowel with a short piece of string so it has more mobility.

For the wind I just use an on/off switch.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
That's what I've been using, sort of. I've got hollow green plant stakes instead and have been tying the tape on.

Different lengths of tape react differently at the same wind speed. Is there a 'standard' length for the tape that everybody uses?

Also, if I use the driveway markers & binder clips like you have, will my wind conditions drop to zero like in your photo, instead of the 0 to 7 mph variable direction conditions my range usually has?
Hey

No, I think it wouldn't work that way... Although I wish it would lol

That picture was taken at around 8:15am, low wind. Picks up right around 9:00 and gets sporadic lol

-T

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimreaper View Post

I am ABSOLUTELY down for this. I am about 4.5 hours away, and I would take a day trip for that. No doubt.

I just need advance notice to order more ammo... No cases saved up yet haha

-T

Sub MOA or bust!!!