Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
AVG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Installing a Skinner peep sight

I hope someone has installed this peep and front sight. I have a Henry 22LR black round barrel lever action. If i install a skinner rimfire groove peep sight on the receiver and a front HI VIZ sight what height replacement for the front Hi Viz will i have to install ?????????. Hi Viz has the replacement but does not know the height.
Henry does not know which one. I don't know about Skinner.

Last edited by AVG; 04-29-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
vegasjim
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Think I would go with the talles sight, think that is 0.50. I have a Skinner peep on the barrel of my barrel of my H004 and a hi-viz 0.420 front. For my purpose thse two work out great for me but think your front should be a little taller due to the short rise to receiver level. Hope it works out for you, my combo is nothing but fantastic. can't go wrong with Henry or Skinner!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
jcwit
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVG View Post
I hope someone has installed this peep and front sight. I have a Henry 22LR black round barrel lever action. If i install a skinner rimfire groove peep sight on the receiver and a front HI VIZ sight what height replacement for the front Hi Viz will i have to install ?????????. Hi Viz has the replacement but does not know the height.
Henry does not know which one. I don't know about Skinner.
I have not got around to installing the replacement blade for my HiViz front sight but this is what I am going to do.

I'm going to order a Skinner front sight blade in .500 height and file it down the correct amount. I already have the Skinner rear peep sight installed on the action of my H001 rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
AVG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you guys for your help. I am going to order the front sight [Hi VIZ ] and then see what to do with changing the height of the front. The peep has been on order from Skinner.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Fotheringill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Call Hi-Viz before ordering. They will tell you. If you are installing a Skinner peep onto the grooves, I can tell you that .50 on the front may very well be too short.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
jcwit
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotheringill View Post
Call Hi-Viz before ordering. They will tell you. If you are installing a Skinner peep onto the grooves, I can tell you that .50 on the front may very well be too short.
Tell me more please.
I just got done measuring the distance from the top of the receiver to centerline of the peep hole. .405"

Using a straight edge the distance from the top of the HiViz ramp to centerline of the peep is .467".

So a front blade of .500" should lower the POI somewhat.

Being as Skinner offers front sights .600" high this would be the correct option maybe, at least it could be filled down past the .500" as I was thinking of doing with the .500" sight.