Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:26 PM
joegerardi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to joegerardi
P22 and Fobus holster

Anyone have a Fobus to go along with their P22? I received one today, and man is the holster stiff!. I had to pull with all my strength to get the puppy out. Not only that, but in trying to work the holster, it knocked off the front sight twice.

Has anyone else experienced this?

..Joe
Old 03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Big Bad Wolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't have one for my P22, but do have one for my 1911A1 and my Sig 228. There is a trick to drawing the gun from the Fobus holster. That is you must draw the gun straight up out of the holster, and do so quickly! Otherwise, you will experience just what happened to you. Since it takes practice to learn, I highly recommend that you practice first with the gun unloaded. Hopes this helps.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:30 PM
joegerardi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, I do that with the one for my 6906 and P228. It works fine for those, but the P22's is still VERY hard to draw. Also, every other time, it knocks the front site off.

..Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Big Bad Wolf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Probably not the best holster for the P22. As for the front sight, I noticed it is fragile anyway.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:11 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegerardi
I had to pull with all my strength to get the puppy out.
It sounds like the holster doesn't fit. I would recommend against buying any holster online UNLESS you have tried the same model before.

I have three Fobus holsters for three different pistols. They all fit well but they are not adjustable for tension. Sometimes I carry them but they are not my preferred carry.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:27 AM
usmcski
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to usmcski
I had the same problem with my P22 and fobus. I actually ended up changing the front sight to the #2 and it hasnt fallen off. The #3 sight got so beat up from the holster that it will not stay on the gun anymore!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Sopwith

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I rubbed some candle wax inside the holster, smoothed things up alot.

Sopwith
Old 03-13-2004, 04:51 PM
joegerardi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcski
I had the same problem with my P22 and fobus. I actually ended up changing the front sight to the #2 and it hasnt fallen off. The #3 sight got so beat up from the holster that it will not stay on the gun anymore!
Funny, that. I switched to the no. 2 also for the exact same reason. Mine won't stay on now either.

I stuck a thin motherboard manual between the plastic by the trigger for 2 days, and it works much better now. (The holster, not the motherboard...)

..Joe
Old 03-22-2004, 12:45 AM
1BlackHatch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When I got my fobus holster for my XD357 it was really stiff like that. I spread the plastic around the trigger guard with my thumbs to stretch it a bit. I is now fine. You still hafta put some umph to it when you draw it but I don't want it flopping around either.

Another way I have heard to do it is to hold the holster over a pot of boiling water for a little bit and then spead the plastic. Then place the pistol in the holster and allow it to cool.

Hope this helps.