Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Overgrown

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to me

I stopped by one of my usual haunts and happened upon an older Marlin model 25MN it is in 22mag (I assume it is the only caliber this gun came in) I purchased it to become a project gun for the princley sum of $65.00.

Now before you say it was a good deal let me tell you, the previous owner of said rifle she be found and neutered so he is unable to reproduce.

Surface rust on pretty much anything that can rust nearly all of the finish gone from the trigger guard... and the stock...

Well... I have already started sanding the stock and will put in an order to Brownells in the next couple of weeks for some teflon/moly to refinish the metal parts.

No matter how many times I run across guns in this condition it never ceases to amaze me.

I almost feel as though I rescued what once was and again will be a fine little rifle... and it gives me and my son a project to work on together and you can't put a price tag on quality time with your kid (s)

Last edited by Overgrown; 08-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Hey, congrats on coming up with a Winter Project!!!!!!!!

We will, of course, need pictures as the tasks progresses.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Congrats on the 25MN. I had one and foolishly sold it. I liked the heft and fit but it needed more patience on my part to shoot well at 100. Pictures of yours would be in order. We like pictures no matter how bad it looks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM
SRV1

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I just picked up one at a show last weekend. Mine is mint condition and it shoots perfectly. Mine I believe was made in 97 I believe. Real walnut stock, metal trigger and trigger guard. These newer Marlins come with a cheaper birchwood stock and are not as durable. Post some pics up when you get a chance.

James
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM
shirtz1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good find. A little TLC and you'll be a happy camper. I've a 3X9-32 Bushnell on mine, and it'll keep quarter size holes at 50 yds. With these old eyes, I'm more than pleased. Oh, mines an '87.