Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How to spot a ******* with suspended drivers license

2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  John Gyde 
#1 ·
This cracked me up:)

See less See more
#8 ·
Well:

When I was a teen, used my Columbia "1" speed bike to go small game hunting. Carried a shotgun across the handlebars and once came home with a phesant in the game pouch of my vest. But never had the ability to sling a deer no matter what size over my shoulder, I too would like to shake that mans hand. Never did have a case to put my Mossberg in, just the gun across the handlebars.

Len

#24 ·
Wow un-gutted over the shoulder and no rifle?
What did he do, chased it down with his bike then jumped on it and pulled it down to the ground while giving it a few jabs?
I have seen deer gutted and the legs weaved together so you can sling it on your back like a backpack... but that is something else.
My hat goes off for that man.

#25 ·
Unless that is a gunshot wound on the neck, I would say this is a roadkill. I do not see a tag on the deer either. Do you guys in Michigan have to tag your deer?

I have been told that roadkills are very often "salvaged" in the northern states because they do not spoil from hot weather.

Here in Texas it is a no no. The game wardens take a dim view of it.

Chime in with your states policies.

#26 ·
I'd bet roadkill too.

Here in Virginia, you can keep a roadkilled deer if you want it. In theory a game warden is supposed to "red tag" it, but I've never known anyone to do it. Game wardens are few and far between. Maybe a cop can do it too, I've never hit one.

At one time, years ago, my ex worked as a dispatcher for the local PD. She said they had a "call" list of people who would come pick up road kills. You put your name on the list and they'd go down the list until someone said they'd come get it. No idea if they still do or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.