Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:24 AM
maytom
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Single-six still put's a smile on my face

Did some informal target shooting (Stump shooting) with my little 6 1/2" Stainless Ruger Super single-six the other day with it's .22 mag cylinder installed. At a paced off distance of 55 yards while using a two hand hold, it kept all 6 rounds inside of a 2" circle!! Put a smile right on my face right quick!! I love that little revolver so much, I'm thinking of having it sent to Mag-na-port for a full custom job and then top it off with a pair of custom grips. I do prefer the look of stainless guns instead of the blue, but that is just a personal preference. The ejector rod housing's on the Ruger stainless guns are made out of stainless steel as well, where as the one's on the Blued guns are made out of an aluminum alloy blued to match the gun.
I was using the .22 Winchester Magnum 40gr jacketed hollow points. Very accurate out of this gun!!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Plinker
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

The Foothills of the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The Single Six will do that to ya.

I've had a least one around the house for the last 30 + years or so.

Fun guns to shoot.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:33 PM
swoter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First gun I ever bought 15 to 20 years ago was a single-six. Blue with 6.5 inch barrel. Still have it and need to get it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Mike S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just started hunting squirrel with mine. I live in Oregon so all my rimfires are stainless except a Henry Golden Boy. I do want to replace the red dot with a pistol scope.