Hard to find .22lr magazines?? Looking for suggestions - Page 9 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:58 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredwhiteblue View Post
Another thought in regards to the Colt 22 1911. If you did happen to start making magazines, you could also offer the ejector alongside.Why? On the later models the ejector was stamped steel and falls out easily when removing the slide. It's very easy to loose and nearly impossible to buy anymore. Asking prices for this little piece of sheet metal can be well over $100. Numrich used to sell a reproduction for 30 something but even that is no longer available.

http://interarmstx.com/product/colt-...-out-of-stock/

Since you are in the business of fine sheet metal forming, it would probably be no sweat to make a run of these and sell them to vendors like Numrich or just list them for sale along side your magazines.
Sell em yourself and reap the profits for the effort--capitalism at its best.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:51 PM
ken w.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Send a message via Yahoo to ken w.
clips

I think a replacement mag for Savage early style in 25-20 / 32-20. These are really hard to find.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:53 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
I wanted to follow up with a thank you for all the suggestions. I'm still open to more, I have most of them added to a excel document and I'm gathering as much data as I can to try to rank the magazines by type and approximate demand.
Not a .22lr mag, but the Savage 99 mag might be worth looking at. Savage has finally given up even the minimal support of magazines for the 99, and repops currently run just a little less than what the factory was selling their for before they ended production (~$50/ea.) AFAIK, there were only ever 2 sizes made 300Sav/308Win/243Win and the shorter 22Sav/250-3000 length mag.

Regardless, they'd be a lot less fiddly & easier to make [larger radius bends, etc] than a 22lr mag and possibly add another revenue stream.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:12 AM
oldredwhiteblue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by langenc View Post

Sell em yourself and reap the profits for the effort--capitalism at its best.

That is about the most pointless reply i have ever read.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:08 PM
csspecs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
^ I'll agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldredwhiteblue View Post
Another thought in regards to the Colt 22 1911. If you did happen to start making magazines, you could also offer the ejector alongside.Why? On the later models the ejector was stamped steel and falls out easily when removing the slide. It's very easy to loose and nearly impossible to buy anymore. Asking prices for this little piece of sheet metal can be well over $100. Numrich used to sell a reproduction for 30 something but even that is no longer available.

http://interarmstx.com/product/colt-...-out-of-stock/

Since you are in the business of fine sheet metal forming, it would probably be no sweat to make a run of these and sell them to vendors like Numrich or just list them for sale along side your magazines.

Those parts do not appear to be overly complex. I'll add them to the list of things to look into.

My current .22lr projects are on hold while we work through a number of centerfire restocks and a few much needed machine overhauls.. We are still waiting on our CNC laser welding machine. We ordered a machine with a small footprint so it was a custom made machine, most of the units they make have robotic arms and we only needed a simple 3 axis machine as the welds will be straight lines for the most part.