restaurant choices? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:50 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Mom and pop Greek and/or middle eastern place - Heaven!
Locally its Mykonos with three restaurants in the County...excellent. The mixture of Greek and Spanish (lots of hispanic workers too) is comical but the food is seriously good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
I like cracker barrel, good food, but seem to be getting more expensive.
Cracker Barrel seldom serves bad food, not likely to have your best meal ever but not likely to have your worst either, a favorite when traveling and our local is close and well run, we have a couple of favorite waitresses that spoil us rotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovannes View Post
It's a Mom and Pop for us, especially if recommended by the locals.
The best Mexican, Italian, Chinese, BBQ and Seafood is always at Mom and Pops.
When we moved to Mebane there was not much selection (pop. 3700 at that time), now that we're around 12,000 pop. we've got some very good local restaurants, "The Table" in downtown is very good and a bit up scale price wise but worth it., Katrinas Tacos and Tequila Bar has some really good variations on Mexican food with excellent wait staff and the best Margaritas I've ever had. Mebane Knights is a very good Bar and has excellent Sandwiches and Salads and a great selection of Beer and Wine. Martinos (every one thinks its Italian but they're Portuguese), a bakery/sandwich/Pizza etc. shop of the highest order, we love it.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:22 PM
GreggieBoy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In our area there are two chains that started out family run and still are. The Yet Wah. Think at peak there were 6 or 7 of them. Named after the matriarch of the Wah family. Each kid was given their own to run or that's how the story goes.

The send one is Celia's. A nice Mexican restaurant with about a dozen restaurants. Started by a husband and wife Mrs. Celia Lopez-Rodriguez. Still family run.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:48 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
The Guy that owns Junction on 70 (that's Hwy 70 in downtown) would give me the Dickens if he knew I didn't mention them, another favorite downtown spot, then there is Huey's Seafood just east of town on Hwy 70, pretty much standard small town seafood but the Oyster Bar Side does lbs. of Steamed Shrimp which with a bottle/mug or pitcher of beer sure goes good, its been around for a long time.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 AM
paulo57509

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I prefer Mom and Pop but like others have posted, pretty hard to find, especially in CA unless you're in a smaller town.

I did find a decent kabob place at a tennis club (of all places) in Sunnyvale, CA.