The Medical and Health/Fitness thread! - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

So much problems that I probably ought not to post it. We're both in poor shape. I have CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy, autimmune peripheral neuropathy), arthritic degenerative spinal disease, outside of the spine itself is osteoarthritis in the shoulders, knees, hands and feet, chronic migraine, hypertension and high cholesterol. The blood pressure drug and statin keeps the last two in check pretty well. Needing fusion of the neck and lower back joints done but can't be done right away. Wife is suffering from chronic diabetes and kidney failure with all the troubles that go along with those. Been in the hospital more than at home for the last 11 months.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:03 PM
jharold
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PRAYERS UP FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE!
Old 07-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you, Lord, for giving me good health is all I can say after reading this thread. I have some of the usual geezer problems but they are all under control and at almost 82 I'm doing good with no significant problems.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have now been taking Tumeric as an anti anti-inflammatory for the past month. It seems to be working. It comes in capsule form from Amazon. It works without the side affects of ibuprofen.

It seems to be helpful for joint and muscle pain. I am looking into Omega 3 fish oil as well. Anybody taking that?

R
Old 07-25-2019, 01:00 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been taking fish oil (and tumeric, and a bunch of other stuff) for about 10 years now.

Mom was on several prescriptions for rheumatoid arthritis for a long time, and had crippling pain. Her hands were all mangled by it when she was in her early 50s. A friend recommended cod liver oil, and Mom said it was an absolute "Codsend." She was able to stop taking most of her arthritis meds for the remainder of her life (passed at 93).
Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think a major factor in the decline of my health and that of my colleagues has been stress. For 20+ years I worked jobs that felt like each year was taking two off of my life span. More than a few guys I worked with either died early (mostly heart disease/stroke) or now have a head start on their way to the grave.

I work three days a week now. If they made me work four, I'd retire early and eat beans until I can start taking SS.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Rhody

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I totally agree Vee.

Stress is a major factor in just about everything that is bad.

R
Old 07-25-2019, 11:24 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A wise doctor once told me; "Nobody cares more about you than you, so pay attention."
Old 07-30-2019, 06:10 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I finished my week's supply of Nutri-System food in 2 and a half days...

Pretty proud of that!

≡✪≡
Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't know what I've got except COPD. I just deal with it as best I can. The heat effects my breathing which effects my shooting a little. That is the only bother I have. I have no idea what I have cause I never told the doctor to check anything. When I do go in once a year to get my inhaler prescription refilled he asks if he needs to check anything and I say NOPE. Gonna be 73 if I make it to November and it's a wonder I made it this far. I know it is all downhill from here so doesn't bother me a bit to be looking at what's coming. Saw this on here somewhere the other day and had to save it:

Our lives come with an expiration date and we spend so much time trying to do something about it when all we really need to do is be ready.

But that's just me.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Rhody

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
IOur lives come with an expiration date and we spend so much time trying to do something about it when all we really need to do is be ready.

But that's just me.

Live the best that you can every day and don't pay any mind to expiration dates!

A friend with cancer sent this to me:

If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you have anxiety you are living in the future.
if you are at peace you are living in the present!

So true!

R

Last edited by Rhody; 07-30-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://youtu.be/_9TShlMkQnc

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2019, 12:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I'm not quite ready for expiration yet, will be 54 in August and hoping for 20 more before croaking. Without modern medical technology a lot of folks would be checking out sooner.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:19 PM
Hanshi
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been active all my 73 years on this planet. For some reason I've always craved physical activity. I was a life-long runner, boxer/trainer and martial artist. Man, but I loved doing all that stuff! I could do full splits up until my early 60s.

I was born with a congenital back problem; and that plus ra brought it all to a screeching halt. The ra is finally under control but of course leaves me with a compromised immune system; actually no big deal since I don't spend time around kids. The back problem makes the rest of it pale by comparison. There's scoliosis, some spondilosis, fusion, extensive nerve damage and, ready for it? pain! Preceding most of the other symptoms was emerging fatigue which got worse and worse over the years. Although doing about as well as at any time in the past 10 years I still feel weary 24/7. My balance is terrible due to nerve damage and whatnot; so Outside of home or any nice level surface I have to walk with a cane.

Now, the cane is a weapon I've trained with extensively. And when I go out anywhere I play the "little old man" act to the hilt! It's nice to be called "sugar", "sweety" and have even older ladies pick up things and help me load them in the shopping cart. That's the best part.

Then...I have to admit that I'm otherwise very healthy. My lifetime of vigorous physical activity - and current training such as I can accomplish - is and has been paying off. It's very true that I'm extremely healthy to be in the shape I'm in. Ain't it a kick in the head, guys?