2018 Beloit WI Smallbore Dates - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:41 PM
teetertotter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
2018 Beloit WI Smallbore Dates

Beloit, WI., Summer SB Monthly Saturday Tournament Dates starting in May thru Sept.
http://beloitrifleclub.org/shooting-...le-Silhouette/

Our Tournament dates are NRA Sanctioned. The fees collected for the tournaments, go to our club treasure to be applied towards club range improvements and our Silhouette State Medals, for example.. We award placement pins for Hunter and Std Class.

We also practice shoot every Thursday eve May thru Sept.

The rifle club range gates are open on dates mentioned plus Thursday eves. We are a pretty informal group and have helpers to help you, if needed. Come JOIN US!

Last edited by teetertotter; 02-18-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:39 PM
fidelity

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the heads up. Updated website is chock full of information. Might try to coordinate a summer visit to Rock County (coming from Maryland) with a visit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 PM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Let us know a little in advance, if you can make it. We are pretty proud of our dedicated range, originally built around 1975.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 09:50 AM
blades

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I remember correctly it was a bit after 75 as the indoor range was started about then or in 76. I think that area encompassed a bit of an archery range at the time. Long time ago
Former member - sadly work took me out of the area around 78. I do remember issues with something that would/could leave us without the hill behind the rifle range in that time period also. Lot has changed there over the years I have been back a few times for silly-wet and Black powder. It has been about 15 years since my last visit.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:14 PM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blades View Post
If I remember correctly it was a bit after 75 as the indoor range was started about then or in 76. I think that area encompassed a bit of an archery range at the time. Long time ago
Former member - sadly work took me out of the area around 78. I do remember issues with something that would/could leave us without the hill behind the rifle range in that time period also. Lot has changed there over the years I have been back a few times for silly-wet and Black powder. It has been about 15 years since my last visit.
Black Powder is still alive, but less shooters the past 10 years from our club and others, that would come shoot monthly matches. State is always held here at Beloit.

We have added more to the SAS stations and probably have the best in the Midwest. It draws Cowboy Action shooters from all over. We added the 500 meter HP range 4 years ago. There have been numerous upgrades/improvements in the last 10 years.

One former member living in WY., visited us 5 years ago for SB Silhouette. I think he is the Director in his location. We e-mail and hope he comes back to visit his cousin sometime.

We are still pretty proud of our range and have about 1100 members, but the usual 150 that are really active on a weekly basis. Summer Monday night trap is the busiest.

Wednesday morning is group gathering for anyone that wants to attend with lunch. They shoot winter indoor and summer outdoor at different disciplines for fun. Many just come to visit, talk, who fixes what, and any new stuff. I have not attended this past winter.

State pistol is always at our club. We are the only club in the state having sanction NRA SB Silhouette matches. Daniel Boone Conservation near Waukesha, discontinued NRA SB sanctioned matches some 8 years ago and shoot Monday nights for fun. Their former Director keeps their scores and I know 7 years ago, they had 15 Silhouette shooters.

blades, nice to hear from you!
Old 05-11-2018, 02:13 PM
ford8nr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad to hear another club with a silhouette following. I always wanted to drive down for the State shoot. I shoot at Boone and we still have around 15 loyal shooters.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:58 PM
blades

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
got to get my butt in gear and come out- been awhile- busy with other things.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:01 PM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
Glad to hear another club with a silhouette following. I always wanted to drive down for the State shoot. I shoot at Boone and we still have around 15 loyal shooters.
Boone used to shoot sanctioned matches up until 7+ years ago. The Director, forgot his name, was also the state Wi Force Treasure for several years. We used to have about 4 shooters from Boone come and shoot State.

Seven + years ago, it was a Monday eve, and Boone had about 25 shooters, if I recall. The Director, jeepers, I should remember his name, DANG, it was sad that he no longer wanted to shoot NRA Silhouette. He sad the Monday eve group paid 5.00 to shoot and at the end of the year, they had a banquet with awards. They would turn in their scores and the Director would keep track.

Dennis and i joined in that evening as guests. It was nice to see that Boone had auto set-up. I remember the blinding sun coming in from the left and was not prepared. lol What a magnificent lodge. We did have a father and son up until 6 years ago the would come to state, buy a book...etc. His son took Junior award a couple years and was a Class A in Hunter, same as his father. I think their in some photos on our website, but still have in our State Silhouette album. I think they lived near Holy Hill.

With our club membership of 1200, we only have 8 shooting Silhouette. Monthly Monthly Saturday Match, maybe 10+. Greg Engel, comes up from Chicago once in a while for our Saturday Matches. He is recognized in the Silhouette community and we always enjoy having him.

Please join us anytime, when you have time! I retired being our Club Director 3 years ago, due to a physical and an eye condition. I am a limited participant these days at age 74, but not completely out. lol I still enjoy the challenge and do the best I can. I shot an 8/40 Thursday eve and missed every gosh dang PIG and only THREE chickens. I started on PIGS too. lol
Jon
Old 05-12-2018, 06:07 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Wife and I used to be members, was a great place, lots of good memories. Spent most of our time at the Black Powder Lodge.
Posting up so I CAN KEEP TRACK cause my memory aint what I remember it being..
Old 05-13-2018, 09:06 AM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ya, okay. Black Powder Lodge and Range was renovated 2 years ago and still going strong. Same people. We added a 600 meter HP range 3 years ago and more SAS stations around the same time. The 50 and 100 yard side by side range was completely redone 6 years ago. Right now the trap range station area is almost completed.

Yesterday, we had our annual NRA Youth shoot for 148 kids ages 7 to 16, despite temps in 45-55F. Started at 9a after orientation till about 3p. After the event, we keep the Silhouette range open as several kids want to shoot again. We cut it short this year as was cold, overcast, and I froze my buns off. There were hot dogs and etc., for the kids and the volunteers received brats. NO BEER!

Next month, we have the annual 4H kids, which is run with their own people. There are a couple girls that are very proficient in Silhouette and fun to watch and encourage too. Last year, there was one boy that shot his .22 w iron sights and was really good. They have scoring competition at the various disciplines.

Have a great Week.!
Old 05-13-2018, 05:10 PM
fidelity

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's tremendous youth participation given the regional population. You guys are doing a great job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 05:35 PM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Silhouette Info Fm a MASTER

http://silhouettesimplified.com/about/
Old 05-20-2018, 08:52 PM
shooter65
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Thanks for posting this