Picture essay on replacing the Marlin bullseye - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Sakoluvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

I just looked through a Brownells catalog and they have the white line spacers in 1/8" or 1/4". I think I will just order a couple from them the next time I place another order. They have the bullseye in stock too, in case you can't get them from Marlin.

If you guys don't have a Brownells catalog, get one. I have been dealing with them for years, and their service is top notch. Also, if 1 of the items in your order is out of stock and back ordered, they won't charge shipping again when it comes in.

Top notch company that has been around a LONG time.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM
SHRADK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm not mechanically inclined by any means, but I replaced the bullseye in my Marlin 81 DL stock following the instructions provided by Sakoluvr. I used a few different "things" found around the house but basically they performed the same functions. It only took about 45 minutes and that included going to the store for some super glue. I was lucky, my local gunshop had the bullseye in stock. If I can do it, anyone can. This should definitely be a sticky.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Sakoluvr

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I just picked up a very nice Mountie that I am going to work on next. How do we make a sticky?

Last edited by Sakoluvr; 04-10-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Johnny Yuma

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for posting this !I lost the Bulls-eye from my treasured 1965 39A, and of course I be wanting to replace it -but it seemed that nobody else on this forum knew how .
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
A quick note regarding the discussions about replacing the butt plate spacer. WARNING - Be very carfull when removing the plate. This black plastic/bakelite material is very easy to chip, especially when it has some age on it. I found out the hard way when I did this repair to my 336. I found that the head of the screws were somewhat "captured" in the recesses of the plate. When I pushed them out to clean up the plate and screws, the edges of the screw hole chipped out on one hole . Guess the plate material had maybe shrunk around the screw head just enough to grab as I poped out the screw, pulling a piece of that plastic off with it. So watch out there and go EASY pulling out the screws from the plate.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Sakoluvr

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks for the tip! I have yet to replace any spacers in my rifles, and I am glad to have this knowledge before doing so.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:42 AM
nuclearmac
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearmac
spacers

for replacing the spacers, some grocery stores that have bakery's get their icing in 2 1/2 gallon square buckets. would work nicely as they are thick
Old 03-11-2018, 01:18 PM
dav1055

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I seem to have no pictures ob here, am I doing something wrong to view them?
Old 03-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Drills

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dav...afraid that Sakoluver's great pictures on this subject have been lost to the Photobucket mess. If you need to see another set of pics of this procedure, you might check the site below:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/wo...placement.html

Regards,
Drills