Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:26 PM
nuclearmac
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearmac
jm

i have an marlin 983 in like new condition .. it is wood on blue... stamped north haven bulls eye , but has Rand bottom half of an E no box around it on left side and 82 stamped on right side... the serial# is 9111**** .... friend has the same rifle but his is stamped JM on left side., his serial# 916*****. trying to figure out why not stamped the same..... as i have a earlier serial # ... is it a JM or a remlin. and why stamped like it is...
Old 01-19-2018, 05:52 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Probably Remlin built using leftover North Haven parts. I never heard problems with bolt actions. The 795s had canted sights and the lever actions were a mess. If it looks and works ok I wouldn't worry about it. Semms like they finaly got things smoothed out. The 91 of the s/n makes it 2009 so it is strange that a later S/n is JM but not yours.

Last edited by scooter22; 01-19-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:24 PM
nuclearmac
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Probably Remlin built using leftover North Haven parts. I never heard problems with bolt actions. The 795s had canted sights and the lever actions were a mess. If it looks and works ok I wouldn't worry about it. Semms like they finaly got things smoothed out. The 91 of the s/n makes it 2009 so it is strange that a later S/n is JM but not yours.
thats what i'm talking about.... thing is it don't work , it is in like new condition but will not eject shells , have been trying different things , tried bolts from other they dont eject , will try replacing the feed throat... thanks scooter22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2018, 09:12 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well you didn't say it didn't work in your post. I though you were looking to ID the manufacturer. So how doesn't eject shells? Are the cases staying in the chamber when you pull the bolt back? Or are they pulling out and not flinging out blocking the new cartridge trying to feed?
Old 01-20-2018, 09:22 AM
nuclearmac
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
barrel stamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Well you didn't say it didn't work in your post. I though you were looking to ID the manufacturer. So how doesn't eject shells? Are the cases staying in the chamber when you pull the bolt back? Or are they pulling out and not flinging out blocking the new cartridge trying to feed?
scooter , i was trying to figure out if this was a marlin or remlin what the stamps mean.. .. i have another post in marlin bolt actions asking about my problem ,.... the shells are extracting but are staying held to bolt by extracting arms i have switched bolts from other rifles and they don't eject either.. can't compare internals as the other bolts are clip fed.. thanks ...mac