I'm a Browning 22 Pistol Junkie! - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 PM
tuckerd1
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohforgodssake View Post
FWIW - I used to only see one picture (Buckmarks) but I just went back and now I see all four. Well worth going back for.

That is a superb collection.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robow7 View Post
Yep, all 4 photos are visible now, very nice collection.
I'm glad to have that fixed. And Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
Whenever I think junkie I picture someone selling plasma for their fix. Lol, I hate needles otherwise I would sell plasma to get an extra $400 a month for CZs. I donate blood, but the plasma needles are scary BIG! My mom had leukemia, so I donate because others did it for her.

Oh, and definitely a great collection. I love my SS Buckmark and want a Buckmark rifle.
I'm glad to you can overcome your fear of needles t help others. And Thanks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt11002003 View Post
WOW!
Thank you.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, the junkie got another fix today! One of our members dangled a very nice Medalist in front of me for very fair price. I am waiting on it to arrive.

Also, met and ate lunch with a nice RFCer in return. Name omitted to protect the innocent. He can claim his fame if he so desires.

As you can see, I need a screwdriver. If anyone has one they would like to sell, send me a PM.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:40 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454 View Post
Very nice collection sir! Impressive to say the least!
Do you, or anyone here, know of a good source for spare magazines, for the (older) Medalist pistols? One is (or was?), for sale (lightly used, if at all) at a near by gun shop and looks very nice but only comes with one (but I like having a total of 6).
Being that I have an original (1950's I believe, no Ser#) High Standard Supermatic, I can't help but notice how several of yours look a lot like it (in your 2nd photo). Are they related to High Standard or designed by the same person/company?
BTW, I see all 4 photos.
Can you see all 3 photos below?
My one and only Browning (for now?).

HS Supermatic.
Missed your post earlier. Original Medalist magazines are scarce. And when found they can be very expensive.

I do not see any photos in your post. I see you are trying to use google to host your pics. That is who I was trying to use earlier. Same problem you are probably having. I switched to imgur.com and it is working fine.

As far as the HS, I cannot answer your question. Sorry.

Last edited by tuckerd1; 01-15-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:40 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You certainly have a great collection of Brownings! And, great score on that Medalist!

≡✪≡
Old 01-15-2018, 08:00 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
You certainly have a great collection of Brownings! And, great score on that Medalist!
Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Mark2506
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
tuckerd1, I haven't been on in awhile and just read your posts and saw your four pictures. Nice collection, but watch that "bug" it has cost me a lot over the years. As said earlier the original magazines are very pricey. I have quite a few, but am embarrassed to price. I have being paying $75 for very used and re-bluing them and putting in a new follower and sometimes a follower button and that's another $25 in just cost. The new packaged ones will bring in the $250 range. As to the screwdriver "tool" they are just about obsolete. From all the ones missing in the sets I can't figure out where they are. I make a gun show every weekend and never see one, nor on the Internet. I saw somewhere (I think you used to like (or still do) the Citori also. I'm a pistol guy, but ordered and just received a new 725 sporting .410 for skeet and a 725 in 12ga., sporting, high rib, adj comb for 5 stand and doubles trap as I still shoot a couple days a week. Some one ask about Browning Holsters so I attached some .22 Browning (all for Belgian made .22's) I have all the left hand that are missing, but have not re-done my board. The Medalist are left sided holsters for the right hand pistol, there are no right sided holsters for the left hand Medalist.

[/URL]
Old 01-15-2018, 08:42 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2506 View Post
tuckerd1, I haven't been on in awhile and just read your posts and saw your four pictures. Nice collection, but watch that "bug" it has cost me a lot over the years. As said earlier the original magazines are very pricey. I have quite a few, but am embarrassed to price. I have being paying $75 for very used and re-bluing them and putting in a new follower and sometimes a follower button and that's another $25 in just cost. The new packaged ones will bring in the $250 range. As to the screwdriver "tool" they are just about obsolete. From all the ones missing in the sets I can't figure out where they are. I make a gun show every weekend and never see one, nor on the Internet. I saw somewhere (I think you used to like (or still do) the Citori also. I'm a pistol guy, but ordered and just received a new 725 sporting .410 for skeet and a 725 in 12ga., sporting, high rib, adj comb for 5 stand and doubles trap as I still shoot a couple days a week. Some one ask about Browning Holsters so I attached some .22 Browning (all for Belgian made .22's) I have all the left hand that are missing, but have not re-done my board. The Medalist are left sided holsters for the right hand pistol, there are no right sided holsters for the left hand Medalist.

Thanks Mark.

No, it is not me that is the Citori fan. Someone else. I guess part of being a collector now will be the fun of the search.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can someone post closeup pictures of the screwdriver so I will know exactly what I am looking at when I see it? I've never seen one up close. I would appreciate the help.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Mark2506

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Two types, the one on the right has the straight edges on the top blade and the polished rivet button was used from 1962-1968. The one on the left showing the scalloped edges on the top blade and the satin chrome finish on the rivet button was used 1969-1975. Note: FN did not change anything on Jan. 1 of any year and any accessories i. e. this tool, manuals etc. were packaged when the item was shipped, not by the manufactured date on the serial number. Also, there were times a Medalist set was sent without the tool as they were out, and type written note was inserted stating such and one would be sent upon request. Also a few 1976 Medalist were sold, but did not come in the case with accessories. Hope this helps, Mark

[/URL]
Old 01-16-2018, 12:24 AM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Mark. I can recognize it now.
Don
Old 01-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Mark2506

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Re-Post pictures for above posts (Still working on this sizing ??)

Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2506 View Post
Re-Post pictures for above posts (Still working on this sizing ??)
Looking good Mark.