Unreasonable pawn - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:18 PM
ChefDuane
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My local pawnshop (Plano Pawn) here in Plano, TX. will let you inspect a gun. The counter staff check it and clear before handing it to you. I bought a M'berg 715T from them. They are pretty rational folks and as long as you look respectable and like you know how to handle a firearm they don't have a problem with it.

Dick's - I hardly ever go in there. Cabela's - not since the discontinued their Veteran discount.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:49 AM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
A classy place would of at least cleaned it first. I would run.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
I have been in a lot of pawn shops and it seems like most of them put guns on the rack without cleaning them up.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Word of moth is still one of the biggest advertising of businesses (local). People will get the word around soon enough and they will be out of business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 06:20 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If the price was right, sure, I would buy from them. People are getting spoiled with all the make nice polite people and customer is always right. When it comes to gun shops some of the best guns were often sold by the rudest old cigar smoking old curmudgeon who lack any of the social graces. it is just a pawn shop playing it safe. No biggie. Probably not gun people if they dont clean the guns and this can be a real edge for the buyer finding that 'special' deal.

Now, I understand the lock should come off to judge the timing and feel, but; it is a small risk with a money back guarantee. And even smaller risk on a ruger. FWIW, Ruger will supply any damaged parts for free. Probably fix it for free. You dont risk much on a single6. They are not replacing the cylinder for free. I mean worn or broken parts.

If you want a dual cylinder single-6 and this is missing a cylinder, I would not bother. I think a 22mag on single6 would be a great revolver, if you dont agree then IMHO, this is a waste of time.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:35 AM
Punkinhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have a farm store called Rural King around here that has good prices on guns but the same policy on trigger locks. I go elsewhere.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:58 AM
HiIlbillyfab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkinhead View Post
We have a farm store called Rural King around here that has good prices on guns but the same policy on trigger locks. I go elsewhere.
That must be a store to store policy, as our local RK isn't like that. They'll let you handle/inspect them without a lock.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2019, 08:22 AM
GTS225
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not that a FNG's opinion will mean a lot, I too, would walk.

As for Dick's, I didn't go there much at all, and after they decided to adopt the practice of age discrimination on a mass scale, without federal consequences, that decided that my shift list got another line longer.
Walmart is on that list, too.

Roger
Old 05-29-2019, 03:47 PM
Winnut
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like buying a used car and not being able to test drive it.
Kiss them G'day.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:18 PM
700PSS Shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
Dick's Sporting Goods had a similar policy about their triggers. I patiently explained that a) the feel of the trigger was important to me, and b) that there was no way I was purchasing a firearm from a storefront without fully checking the function. After all, if I wanted to buy a firearm sight unseen there were/are plenty of online retailers with whom I could deal. They were firm and I took my business -- all of my business --- elsewhere. Problem solved.
Well, Dicks is known to be anti-gun and its policies will have the desired effect, they will not have to sell them. Buy a gun in many of the big retailers and they practically perp-walk you to the door and hand you the gun as you leave. Some will not even allow you to buy the ammo at the same time.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:47 PM
coyoterro
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
you should post the name of the place every place I could, close them down.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:20 AM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i would like to check it out too. but if you think about it, when you mail order a gun you can't try it out until it comes, usually around 4 to 5 days later.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:16 AM
Blackdog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My local Cabela's has instituted the same policy. The staff is as unhappy about it as I am, but stand firm on the policy of not removing trigger locks. They are just doing their job, to keep their job. It started when Bass Pro bought Cabela's. Some nut job, somewhere, blew his brains out at the counter and now we suffer the consequences of the corporate CYA policy.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:48 PM
BillBingham2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welllllllll

Ask when the owner is next in the shop and visit then.

Bring 75% of the price in cash (plus tax) and work with the owner, no one else. The worker will get fired if he breaks the rule, but the owner won't. If I worked there I won't do it either. If it passes your inspection pull out the cash and say that's as high as you can go.

Best to do this as close to the end of the month as possible. Monthly numbers (sales) are important to all retail shops.

Ask why they have the rule, show them your CCP (or what ever) and open a dialog.

A lot depends upon how long they have had it, the older it gets the lower they will go.

B2 (;->
Old 06-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Shotgun12

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
My local Cabela's has instituted the same policy. The staff is as unhappy about it as I am, but stand firm on the policy of not removing trigger locks. They are just doing their job, to keep their job. It started when Bass Pro bought Cabela's. Some nut job, somewhere, blew his brains out at the counter and now we suffer the consequences of the corporate CYA policy.
I was in Cabelas recently and got the same suicide story. I was looking at a Cap & Ball revolver and they wouldn’t even unlock that .... Ha!
Couldn’t stop laughing as I turned and walked out.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:32 PM
57springer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun12 View Post
I was in Cabelas recently and got the same suicide story. I was looking at a Cap & Ball revolver and they wouldn’t even unlock that .... Ha!
Couldn’t stop laughing as I turned and walked out.
That is funny