Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ453 Varmint story to tell.

969 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  flylo 
#1 · (Edited)
Have to post his, last September working on a work party at my range, they pay $15 Dollars l do enough time to pay my yearly dues and more if they really need me. l do most of the welding on the hanging steel target and Silhouette animals and some electrical work, While working with other member (Gus) doing some elec. work, l ask Gus do you have any 22 you want to sell, Gus he shoots only high end rifles off hand models, Anschutz Sakos and other high end German made gun along those lines, never know what he will shoot at the Silhouette match, Gus is 85 and shoots off hand with 24 or 32 fix power scope. l'm 77 and just about keep up with his scores.

Back to story, Gus What do you have , Gus a CZ varmint that has been sitting in the safe for years used it once, what model don't remember (85 what do you expect), will let you Know when l get home call me after 6PM, 6PM rolls around make the call he say a CZ453 Varmint no scope, OK what do you want for it, don't know yet, meet me at the range tomorrow look at it shoot it see if it's what you want, (you know that's what l want) l will be there.
Rifle was mint l put a scope on it Weaver V24, did some shooting passed the test trigger was 2lb & set about 1lb, he said he could never get the trigger to what he liked, so far I'm a happy camper, now Gus how much, Gus says $300.00 are you ok with that, my answer was if your happy with that price so aim l.

Took him to Lunch did the paper work, next Silhouette match beat him with the CZ453 varmint that he sold me buy one point Gus 34 me 35, our scores run about 32 to 38 when nothing is aching.
Some pins that l had won in the past many 10s, match winner is when you run 40 straight have done 2 in the 8 years shooting Silhouettes.

l have shoot 10s with CZ453.

Now CZ453 is pillar and glass bedded, trigger was worked on, side play removed. Trigger now unset 11oz set 3oz, that works out fine for me 11oz for off hand and 3oz for bench rest. Don't think that's one CZ l would sell.

So that's my story always ask never know what the out come might be.

See less See more
#3 ·
My be Gus is a little like me l don't always sell and expect to make money on everything l sell, sell at a bad time and you lose some money, like my CZ452 American with scope 8-32x40 $275.00 the buyer had a smile from ear to ear he was a happy camper, and l was alright with it wanted to move on too other thing, So l guess it was my turn. ;)

#9 ·
I bet Gus knew exactly what that rifle was worth. He also knows what friendship is worth. Selling a gun to a friend isn't about making money or getting a deal, it's a bond between two people that share an interest in shooting sports.

It sounds like Gus knows he's got a good friend. :t

#13 ·
I have a friend that comes over & shoots with me & everyone knows he get my most acurate rifle, the one I shoot with him. I doing my best to wear it out first. but so far no luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.