Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

39A story, some things are meant to be!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Kisssofdeath 
#1 ·
Here is an unusual story for you. A guy buys a 39A new in 1982 and 20 some years later trades it in to the local pawn shop. I buy it and own it a couple of years and in a moment of weakness I trade it back into the same pawn shop on something else. Stupid me. The original owner spots it and buys it back again. A year later he trades it back to the same pawn shop for something else. You guessed it, I spot it and buy it again for the second time. I swear to God, it's not going anywhere else again. Needless to say, I have more money in this rifle than I should have.:eek: This story is too good to make up, IMO.:):)

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah, the thing is, I knew what this rifle shot like. When I traded it off, I have a like new Winchester 9422 and didn't think I would miss the Marlin 39A that much, but I guess I was wrong. When I saw it come back into the Pawn Shop I tried to ignore it, but after watching it sit on the rack for several weeks I caved in. I'm a regular customer so the Pawn shop owner cut me a pretty good deal on it. I guess there is nothing wrong with owning both a 9422 and a 39A.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.