Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

T/C Classic Benchmark firing pin

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  DamienBlack 
#1 ·
I have a fairly early production 22 Classic Benchmark. It is extremely accurate and I have really enjoyed it. It does have chipping on the barrel but it hasn’t caused a problem and I never attempted to send it back to the factory because I was afraid that I wouldn’t get the gun back. I took it out to shoot it for the first time in a long time the other day and it would not fire. The primers were not dented in the least. I took the gun apart and discovered that the firing pin is broken. I have no idea how that happened but nevertheless it is. I emailed T/C over the weekend and got a reply today. They replied that they no longer make the rifle (which I obviously new) and that they had no parts for it. They referred me to three black powder rifle supply businesses to see if they had a firing pin. Looking on their websites tonight it doesn’t appear they have anything like that however I will call them tomorrow to find out for sure. Does anyone on this forum have any idea where I could get a firing pin for my rifle. If I can’t find the part then I will have to call T/C and see if they will take the rifle back and give me some type of credit, which I’m afraid won’t happen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Well Rutnbuck I guess we are in the same boat. I joined this forum years ago but only posted a handful of times so I don’t really know what I’m doing either. Thanks everyone for the replies. I will definitely take you up on the part if you don’t mind sending it to me. It will sure help me get this gun back going so I can enjoy it with my son. To be honest I’m blown away by the generosity. I’ll figure out how to send a private message and we can work out the details. Thanks again for the help.

#7 ·
Thanks

Thanks the for nice replies and welcome. I have been a member for quite a while and have learned a lot from this forum. I have a lot of respect for many people on this forum. Thought I would pay it forward a bit.

southga308 I did receive your message and hopefully you can get your rifle shooting again. I also have a clip to go with the bolt.

Take care, Jim

#8 ·
Welcome to RFC, Jim. And :bthumb: on paying it forward.

If you click on someone's name (above left of their post), a list will drop down. One of the options is "Send a Private Message to ..."

#12 ·
I recently got a Benchmark Classic from a buddy of mines collection that he had for sometime. It shoots wonderful and I was unaware of the shortage of parts til I got it. It’s a shame T/C stopped production on this fine rifle. Even worse they stopped makeing any parts to support what’s out there!

#16 ·
Rutnbuck is the best. I got his package in the mail yesterday. I’ll try to send some pics the first of next week showing how it shoots. As far as I can tell the only difference between a benchmark and a standard Classic is the barrel and the laminated stock. The benchmark came with a ten round magazine also. The standard classic may have just came with a five rounder. I’m not really sure though. My rifle does have a slight chamber chip but I chose to just keep it and see how it goes. I have never had a problem with it until now. I hope the chip didn’t cause the broken firing pin. We shall see.

#17 ·
I concur with all you folks. I had the same rifle too, and I think this is a great rifle. I once had a TC R55 Mach 2 .17HMR, which gave me a lot of issue. I sent it to S&W and was told they couldn't solve the gun issue, so I got a full refund for what I paid for the gun. I wish I would have never did this. I really like that .17HMR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.