Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My new frontier with match ammo

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PAndy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I posted on RC. Bought a new H001T 3 weeks ago. Couldn't shoot with any accuracy with factory semi buckhorn sights. Bought a very inexpensive little BSA rimfire 4X scope last week and sighted it in today. With Federal champion it was so so at 50 yards( about 1 1/2 inches on avg). Had some SK rifle match and wanted to see what it would do..Wow was I impressed. Largest 5 shot group was 13/16 ctcs and smallest was 1/2. This was from bench with front sandbag and no rear bag.

#3 ·
Frontier accuracy

I own a frontier 24" rifle. Shoots high velocity pretty accurately. Wanted to see what it woud do with match ammo. Mounted 24x scope and shot SK Rifle Match off a bench rest. 1/2 inch groups no problem. I now run a Swift 3-9 glossy scope to match the factory bright finish. Almost too pretty to shoot!

#9 ·
An update..With skinner rear peep, I definitely need a taller front sight. I called Henry today to ask how I might get a taller front sight that is same style as factory. The gal on the phone said no problem, I'll order you one and it will go in the mail. I asked how much do I owe you ? She said no problem, don't worry about it...no charge...that is some serious customer service!!!

#10 ·
We have two frontiers. Actually consecutive serial numbers. One shoots pretty well, the other one is terribly fussy. Only thing I have found that it likes is eley force. My boys shoot them a LOT. They wear williams peep sights. They are not easy to shoot off the bags, due to the narrow little forend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.