Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

FRESNO OHIO

5K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  My52 
#1 ·
Fresno now has sanctioned ARA. First match this Friday at 5:00 both Unlimited and Factory. Contact Jim Starr.

#4 ·
Five of us at Fresno last nite, all unlimited. They have done a great job on this outdoor 50yd range, very nice. Some very tricky wind, second target I was helpless. Rhett Matheney, Derek Brown, and Jim Starr all handled it well and shot great.

#12 ·
Yep, more than I thought would be there for Unlimited. Surprised only two Factory shooters. Long day is an understatement! I got tired and it showed as the match got to the last several cards.

Also a big shout out to Jim Starr. I am very happy he came back to ARA and he has done a ton of good work at Fresno. He is also just plain fun to be around and shoot with! A big thanks to Ralph Van Horn as well. Brought his equipment and computer scored the targets for the day. Both of them are truly some of the "good guys" in the game! Very happy I made the trip. Bunch of great guys showed up and the range is very challenging. I'll be back!

Scott

#13 ·
Grand Finale today, great weather for this time of year. Started out cold and below freezing but warmed up nicely and wind was moderate. Not sure how many shooters but we had 3 relays and a bunch on new guys. Indoor ARA is on hold due to the VIRUS. Plans still going forward on adding benches to this fine facility. Millions of people in the Ohio and Midwest big cities with thousands of millionaires and this range out in the middle of nowhere, built by a handful of local guys, is the only place you can shoot both indoors and outdoors 50 yards.

#15 ·
Tony...It's not big or fancy. Clubhouse with attached shooting room 4 nice benches with sliding ports to shoot through. The outdoor range has 6 benches with more being added, new this year and nice. I don't have any pics, Jim Starr may have some, he is running the matches there.

#16 ·
Fresno Range is off Ohio 621 north of Coshocton Ohio. The indoor range is purpose built and not a converted chicken house. Also new outdoor ARA next year in Canton Ohio and maybe a couple of other clubs (near Delphos and Cincinnati). The Buckeye club is in limbo with no match director. Lancaster, Ashtabula, and Hilltop all going strong.

#19 ·
Gjmen22,b glad to hear you had a good time at the shoot. But no need to wait until spring to visit again as Jim is holding indoor shoots this winter. We are planning on adding 6 more benches outside. Jim does a good job as match director along with Ralphs help the match sure ran smoothly Sunday. I snapped a few quick pics tonight while at the shoot for the guys wanting to see it. Hope to see many more new shooters next year!

#25 ·
Jim Starr 740-260-4415 Match schedule is posted on ARA website. They also shoot informal matches every Friday. Other ARA shooting in Ashtabula, Lake Milton, Canton, Crestline, Meeker, Cincinnati, Allensville, Lancaster, and South Webster. All in Ohio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.