Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 75 Kadet

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  rc. 
#1 ·
Anyone have knowledge of, or experience with this really neat looking .22??

TIA.

#3 ·
The Kadet is all steel and should last a lifetime (unlike my Walther P22). It has the same weight and feel as the 9mm version and the slide stop/release works just like it does in 9mm. As shown in the pic, the rear sight is fully adjustable. The Kadet is extremely reliable with Remington Target, Remington Subsonic, CCI Standard Velocity, and Winchester Dynapoint. Click on the link below for a video I had made of it. It's 29 meg, but is worth the download if you want to see close up video. I could not be happier with this pistol.

http://www.mydatabus.com/6z/vk.argpbz.pbz/brownhen/CZKADET[87].wmv

Dan

#11 ·
Tbag, thanks for the feedback. My BA is in TV & Film, but finally ended up getting a real job. Now I just shoot videos for fun.

For a couple more videos, click on the links below:

M16 with .22 conversion and silencer:

Higher quality version at 29 meg:

filebeam.com/b6fc64c1eea71a0b8db1ef6ae9ec976d

Same M16/22 video but lower resolution with quicker download:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZlvblyCog&mode=user&search=

Uzi with silencer during submachine gun match

High quality version at 44 meg:

http://www.mydatabus.com/public/Dan0341/z/bw11002.wmv

Same Uzi video but lower resolution with quicker download:

Dan

#14 ·
They don't compare well with the Rugers or Brownings because they are single/double action triggers. Obviously, the double-action pull is fairly long and heavy. The single action pull is a bit different from a normal single action as the trigger action actually cams the hammer back a tiny bit more before the sear breaks.

It's still a nice pull, as far as I'm concerned, and accuracy isn't hindered much. If you know anyone with a CZ-75 pistol, ask if you can try it or at least dry fire it to get an idea of the trigger feel.

A friend of mine is in the market for a .22 pistol. We went to the range today and I brought four .22 pistols for him to try: A Ruger 22/45, a Kimber/Daewoo DP-52, the CZ-75 with Kadet .22 conversion kit installed, and a T/C Contender with a 10" stainless .22LR match chambered barrel. He preferred the Ruger 22/45 trigger. He did comment that the CZ-75 trigger was not as nice as the Ruger's. After trying them all, he asked if I wanted to sell him the DP-52. The answer was an absolute "No!" :rolleyes: What a shame that these nice pistols are no longer imported....

Good shooting,
desmobob

#24 ·
I plan to install the .22 kadet on my Shadow 2. Has anyone successfully mounted a red dot on the slide of the Kadet?
I just took a look at my Kadet slide. I think the only way you'll be able to mount an optic is if it's one of the tiny ones that mount in the rear sight dovetail.

Someone might make a conventional Weaver-type base that attaches to the dovetail though... I have one on my Ruger 22/45 made by Weigand.

Good shooting,
Bob

#17 · (Edited)
I’ve had a Kadet pistol for about 10 years.
Solid, reliable pistol with 40g MiniMags.
Accurate enough, not a bullseye pistol.
The shape of the CZ grip frame is excellent, like made for my hand.
Sights are ok, could be a bit larger.
Single action trigger not very smooth or light but shootable, a trigger job would be money well spent.
Magazines are a bear to load without a mag loader, I modified an HKS.

#19 ·
Just one more in the "Love Mine" category,,,

I bought the complete pistol rather than the conversion kit,,,
Possibly one of the smartest things I've ever done.

I own several "target" style 22 pistols,,,
I hit with the Kadet as well as any of them.

If I had to start selling off guns,,,
The Kadet would be the last .22 to go away.

Aarond

#20 ·
The CZ 75 Kadet conversion is great for what it is intended to be - a sub caliber conversion kit for .22 LR training with your regular centerfire carry pistol.

I like mine, it is accurate and reliable, and while it will never shoot with my S&W 41 or my High Standard Victors accuracy wise, it shoots more reliably and more accurately than a Kimber 1911 conversion kit, and it'll hold its own with other non target .22 LRs.

#21 ·
I put a Kadet II on a 75BD. I did a down'n dirty toothpaste trigger job-pleasing results. After fitting and a short break in she shoots almost on par with a dedicated target gun. If you like the CZ75 platform, the Kadet will please.
I recommend getting a magazine loader. Otherwise, loading the Kadet magazines will be the most memorable part of the day.

#22 ·
Kadet I or Kadet II or?

CZ has 3 basic version that I know of. There is a Kadet I that is discontinued. It will have a 9mm slide profile. Early ones had a round firing pin and were prone to light strike so CZ put a chisel point in them. They could also have failures to eject but you can adjust that with a file to change the ejection pattern.

The Kadet II is a more recent version and at some point the profile was changed to the 40 caliber slide profile. These look better on the railed versions.

Then there is another 22 conversion with an aluminum slide with more grasping area.

Overall CZs all steel Kadet I and II are solid all steel conversions.

I don't know that the intrinsic accuracy is match quality but for training these are excellent and can be reliable with a wide range of ammunition. Under 3 inch groups with any bulk ammo is typical with closer to 1 inch possible from select lots hand held. You may do better from a ransom rest but these were not intended as match guns. The actual barrels on the Kadet I and II are very slender and not particularly rigid so they will heat pretty quickly. If you have the money and want one, get it as you will not find a higher build quality 22 conversion to the Kadet I and II on the market that I know about without stepping up to one of the high end all steel 1911 match conversion units.

#30 ·
I believe the polymer mags are for the aluminum slide Kadet which is not an all steel unit. I believe they have an integral ejector. If you look you can find mags around $50 but you gotta look as many places ask you to take out a second mortgage for 1 magazines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.