Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

A tormenting Upgrade

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AzShooter 
#1 ·
I've done at least 10 upgrades to Mark IV 22/45 Lites with the Volquartsen Accurizing Kits. My first one took about 2 hours, I got down to 15 minutes for most of the rest.

I had to have my frame replaced by Ruger this week. They were great. I sent it in with nothing inside and they sent me back a brand new complete frame.

As always I put the Accurizing Kit back in but this time I'm ready to give up. I can complete it in no time but the gun will fire 4 times without the top end on. The fifth time I get noting. No matter what I do to the trigger, trigger bar or safety the gun will not fire.

I've re watched the video a few times and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas will help before I give up and send it to Volquartsen for their magic.

#2 ·
When you say won’t fire, I assume the hammer is cocked , but when you pull the trigger, nothing happens? It sounds like your trigger is not resetting.

I had two things that made my Ruger do this: 1) I used the VQ plunger spring with a TK TRIGGER. I installed the factory Ruger plunger spring and the problem went away.

Second time, I had the trigger pre travel set with too little take up. I had th back out the pre travel screw a half turn .

The other thing is you might want to try it with the gun fully assembled . I believe the triggger bar is better contained when completely assembled.

Ymmv.

#4 · (Edited)
I had two things that made my Ruger do this: 1) I used the VQ plunger spring with a TK TRIGGER. I installed the factory Ruger plunger spring and the problem went away.

Ymmv.
You are right, I replaced the plunger with a stock one and stock trigger. Now the gun is working properly although the trigger pull went up from 1.7 pounds to 2.5. I can live with that until I get a new trigger from Volquartsen.

Got it finished and added some new StonerCNC grips to it.

#3 ·
I am using the VQ plunger with the TK trigger so I will give that a try today, thanks.

I completely backed out the pre and over travel screws figuring that could be a problem. When it's working that's an easy fix to get them back to where I like them.

I sent an E-Mail to Volquarsten for their suggestions as well. I hate to give up and send it in for them to work on it. I've done it so many times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.