Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Not-A-Woodsman Thread

3K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  sweetmk 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong. I love the Woodsman and will gratefully feast my eyes on any and all photographs of Woodsman or related tribe, but a member mentioned scarcely seeing other Colt .22 models on another thread.

Perhaps we can scare up some neato Colt .22s to look at.

Officers Model Match from 1954

One of the last of the Mohicans of the Ace from 1983.

The Ace can't whip the Officers Model Match .22 for accuracy, but the Ace isn't as bad as it's reputation sometimes suggests. Both offer a lot of fun shooting in their own way.

Oh, forgot this one. It was my dad's. Was a lot of fun for me as a young teen in the early 1970s.

New Frontier

See less See more
#8 ·
Something different

Definitely not a Woodsman! This is a Colt 1877 circa 1883 that master gunsmith George Matthews converted to .22 LR rimfire in 1953. He built this to use as a personal carry gun to take along on walks in the California desert. Still functions in both single action and double action! The grip frame has been changed to the SAA style with ivory stocks. The holster was made by Ed Buffaloe in Texas.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
These old colt 22s were made in 1920 and 1926.

While visiting, I gave one to my brother and we drove a mile to a place called "the feed mill" where he sat in his car and shot a skunk between the eyes at ~~ 50 feet. That was the first time he ever shot that revolver.

He is a much better shot than me.

#27 ·
It isn't marked Target on the barrel but it is apparently factory original. The manufacture year is 1912. There is blue loss on the frame top strap just behind the B/C gap, perhaps from uncleaned black powder. These were beautiful, I really like the fire blue trigger.
Beautiful colt! They do not have that kind blueing anymore too much cost for the bean counters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.