Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The 22 Magnum one I wish I had not sold

15K views 57 replies 48 participants last post by  Lv2fish 
#1 ·
#35 · (Edited)
I have not sold it and will not, But I picked this beauty up a few months back at the local Show for 290.00 out the door. Shoots as beautiful as it looks. The front sight hood is not shown, but it is on there now.

It is the bottom Rifle of course.

As far as ones sold. List is way to long. Dumbest thing I ever sold sold was my registered full auto M2 Carbine dis connector lever. Sold it to a friend, but wow was that completely idiotic.

Attachments

#5 ·
I sold my first pistol a 357 mag because I was in a 44 magnum mode well I missed it so much I bought it back by trading a browning Hi Power for it...bottom line I should have NEVER sold it in the first place...that and the other one was a Remington 722 in a 300 Savage. :( Fantastic rifle :bthumb:

Live and learn :eek:

Signalman :)

#7 ·
i just listed that exact model of 94/22 this week.

i decided earlier this year that the stuff that doesnt go hunting is getting sold... Some of the ones i listed this year i was hesitant to sell off, since they were not replaceable, but some of them had been in the safe for a long time and didnt get touched, and in the end i am a hunter, not a collector, so the spares, duplicates, and safe queens have been getting sold off.

i will still get to see a couple of them though, a couple of fellows here are enjoying them now.

One gun i DO wish i had back was my first Ruger No 1, it was a 1-S in .45/70 , it had some smokin good wood on it.

also wish i had back a handy little Interarms Mini-Mark X mauser in 7.62x39 that i traded off...

#9 ·
I had to end up selling 2 guns that I regret selling, but health and financial issues called for them to go.

One was a Ruger 10/22 magnum, now pretty hard to find, the other was a Savage model 111 in .223 that was the most accurate rifle i have ever seen, easily shot holes barley larger than 1 round at 100 yards.

#26 ·
I have only had 4 .22Mags, and still have them. Single-Six, marlin 783, winchester 9422m and HK 300. I doubt I'll add any more 22 mags, unless another Single-Six with a different barrel length pops up for the right price.

I don't plan on selling any of them, as I still regret selling my IMI/Magnum Research Baby Eagle 9mm about 9 years ago.

That is the only firearm I regret selling. I have sold off other handguns and rifles, but I only regret the sale of the Baby Eagle. But, on the positive side, I like the BHP I replaced it with more, and the BHP is a better fit for my hand.

The HK 300 is a nice rifle. Mine is more accurate than I, but the magazines are ridiculous in price for factory. I say buy both, and be like me! :bthumb:

#14 ·
So far I have no regrets, but I am considering thinning the herd at a show coming up in March. A friend and I have couple tables at the show and I have my eye on about seven in my collection that may go on the block. Would like to generate some cash for a couple more revolvers - decisions - decisions. Thankfully none are my coveted 22 Mags :D

#15 ·
Years ago, I bought a New England Firearms (NEF) Deluxe 45-70 Buffalo Rifle with walnut stock. I sold it after a few years but that was before Ohio allowed straight walled centerfire cartridges for deer hunting. Of course now they are out of business and if I was lucky enough to find a used one, it would be cost prohibitive.

#18 ·
Savage 22 mag

The one I miss the most was a single shot, Savage 22 WMR with a full length stock. I do not remember the model number, but it had large tube multi-powered rimfire scope on it. I as 13 when I got it and I killed my first woodchuck with it. Wow, that is almost 60 years ago.

#19 ·
I've told my story before in another thread in RFC, so if you have already read it, my apologies.

In 1964 when I was 19, I decided to buy my first new rifle. A little hardware store was selling out their guns and I bought a new Winchester model 61 slide action .22 magnum rifle for $60, and they threw in 2 boxes of ammo with it. Probably 5-6 years later when I needed some money I sold the rifle for $120 and thought I had done quite well. Today that same rifle would easily be worth 10 times what I sold it for and obviously wish I had kept it.:eek:

#20 ·
Two .22 WMRs,
1. Ruger Single Six Convertiblw with vent ribbed 5.5” barrel
2. Marlin Model 25 M new in 1992 or 93

Figured neither were all that accurate and easily replaced, so sold or traded them away.

Now I really want another revolver and I’ve been searching for a decent Marlin 782.

#21 ·
In my case, there are two: a Marlin 1894M and a Korzinek converted Ruger No. 1 :eek: (most accurate 22 Mag I've ever had or heard of).

I sorta regret both, but not really, because the Marlin went to a VN Marine vet friend who really wanted it, and the Ruger went to another friend who I've done lots of deals with, and who has done me favors as well.:t

#22 ·
My rule on selling firearms............. IF you don't need the money for FOOD don't sell.

I have guns I have never fired; I have "GIVEN" away a dozen or so to make people feel good !!!

Eventually someone in the family will turn that metal and wood back into cash!! I won't be here to cry!

#25 ·
Never sold one I regretted, but had the chance to buy 9422s (including the high grade models), Coopers, and Kimbers in .22 WMR for VERY good prices and passed on them. I especially regret passing on a high grade 9422M for $650 just before the market took off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.