Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Knife photos....

142K views 649 replies 134 participants last post by  elw361V 
#1 ·
I may have been "cluttering up" the EDC thread, so I thought I'd open a thread so we all could post photos of the knives we have. If you folks are anything like me, and you probably are if you hang around this forum, you have more than a couple of knives. Some you really like, but don't use because they are "too nice" and some you really like and use occasionally for various things, and some that you seem to have on you all or most of the time (your current EDC's).

Put up some photos of what you have if you'd like to share. I'll be posting a few pics here in the next couple days to get us started, but if you have something you want to share, just jump right in and post it up.

If there is no interest in this, I'll just let the thread die, but I think there could be some interest out there.

EJ

#4 ·
Please, don't hold back. I started this photo thread so everyone could share. Any knife is fair game here.

I myself have been a slacker on taking pictures, but I have a few knives I would like to post up.

Good start! Very nice knives.

EJ

#6 · (Edited)
Hubertus that I carry everyday,and a Buck that I carry on occasions.My kids gave me the 25th Anniversary Buck for my 1988 Christmas present with my name engraved.The engraving spoiled it for collectors,but it didn't hurt it's value to me at all!

#8 · (Edited)
Some of my Gerber Silver Knights

This represents one of my infatuation stages - Gerber Silver Knights. The original series is one of my all time favorite knives for EDC when heavy work is not required.

There is an Oregon Knife Collectors Association knife top left of the picture. Below that is a 250C wood, 3 blade and a 250B wood, 2 blade. The center column is two 250B, black pearl and a 300A black pearl. Underneath those are two 300A Scrimshaw, the bottom one is the best one of those due to the grind and the polish. Down the right side is one 250B white pearl, and two 250A white pearl. Very nice little knives.

EJ

#32 ·
Those are some great shots. I'm glad you showed the homemade softbox rig at the end. That's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but just haven't gotten around to. Were you using a macro lens for these, or something at more normal magnifications (knives seem like that in between size of object...)

#13 ·
22Fan:

A beautiful bunch of knives. Looks like you are a Spyderco Native fan as well as a .22 fan.

Great camera setup and beautiful photography. It took more than a few minutes to set all that up. Thanks for the work and thanks for sharing.

EJ

#15 · (Edited)
Here is a photo of my Kershaw. It carries so well you dont even know its clipped in your pocket.It came "sharp" out of the box.They did set the opening tension waaay too tight though. I have to get a torx bit and set it but thats no big deal........Humm , backing out the torx screw the screw did not make opening the knife any easier. Oh well, I still enjoy the knife.

Kershaw Storm. 4" closed framelock. Black finish Sandvik 13C26 stainless blade with dual thumb studs. Black finish 410 stainless handle with black Trac-Tec inserts for secure grip. Reversible pocket clip. Designed by Ken Onion.

#16 · (Edited)
My Kershaw PackRat came in Thursday. I'll post a photo tonight right here in this post. So check back if you don't know what it is. I sure would like an Al Mar Pack Rat II fixed blade to go with it. I'd have to hock or sell something to get one though, they're pretty hard to find.

Also ordered a Kershaw Leek (pink) for my lady friend and a Spyderco Dragonfly for myself (unless she prefers the Dragonfly to the Leek). I'll post photos of those when I get them.

As promised, the new Pack Rat.

EJ

#22 ·
Well, I'm late to the party, but I am very envious of 22Fan's Spyderco collection. Here are all my girlie accessories in all their glory, taken with a cellphone. Oh, and I got a new Gerber from my husband for Valentine's Day, so it's not in the pic. He knows what I like!:D