Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anschutz facebook group

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  PWNolan 
#1 ·
Hi all
For anyone interested; I just started a facebook group for Anschutz shooters/fans and enthousiasts.
For all Anschutz guns both old and new, airguns and firearms
Feel free to join in and show your Anschutz!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/845754582919304

#4 ·
It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone. I use my cell for calls only and rarely at that. While I have a FB account, I don't use it. I like the bigger screen of a laptop too.

This forum is a great source of information on Anschutz that's probably the best available. Perhaps a FB group offers a way to look at firearms-related stuff if access to firearms websites is limited at places such as company computers.

#11 ·
I have no idea how you define "hotbed" or how active the FB group is to which you refer, but of the approximately 30 forums for brands of firearms other than Ruger 10/22, there are only five with more posts than this Anschutz forum. That means it's one of the more active on RFC.

Perhaps if you posted more than your average of less than 12 posts per year (34 since joining in January 2018) it would be even more active. :D

#13 · (Edited)
No worries,.........it won't move forward because of the butt hooks, and it isn't going to slide backwards because the rear of the stock is already on the table.
It really was locked in.
Just let me say, I really do appreciate your concern, but as Joe Biden often says's "Come on Man", I'm not a moron. :):)

Now let's discuss a more important topic, are you going to step up and go for the 32 inch?

Smooth

#16 ·
Thank you for setting up a Facebook anschutz group. I joined and signed up.

Don't pay any attention to the rest of these grumpies, I for one, applaud you for expanding our information sources.
How do you expand the information sources by dividing them?

We have a few people here on this subforum that have spent a lifetime to gather their knowledge of Anschütz rifles from hands-on experience to a variety of sources. The history and technical development is poorly documented in official sources and members like Tim, Lee and Penage Guy and a few others can rightfully be considered the world's leading experts when it comes to Anschutz facts and they are always offering help.

Just as it was pointed out that KK100 is not a regular contributor in this subforum, neither are you and calling people with a different view "grumpies" may be your strange sense of humor but strikes me as immature.

#17 · (Edited)
Color me Grumpy!

Not to be denied, I think the tactical heroes are looking to FB for love lacking here; and I wish them well.

Not sure what's on the menu, probably "who makes an uncomfortable chassis so I can look scary with my plinker and encourage more gun laws."

This photo is the "Face of Anschutz" on the FB page. Someone please shoot me. :AR15firin :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/845754582919304

Sorry not for me. Were these even made by Anschutz?...Tom

#22 ·
Before complaining that this site isn't very lively and going into a lengthy loop of a discussion that is not particularly related to Anschutz products, I want to point out - once again - that those welcoming and cheering the FB site, have been contributing precious little to this subforum and will probably do the same for the FB group.

I see the Anschutz sub forum as a place for technical and historical information and am trying to share my knowledge of vintage sporters here with others.

With that, I am out of this fruitless thread.

#23 ·
Dear AndyD:

You are correct that I have not contributed much to this sub forum.

I do not know what sort of value that has in your mind and you obviously do not welcome me since I am here to learn and gather information. and to recruit and encourage other shooters that may participate in the 3 and 4 position shooting discipline.

You would be correct if you assumed that I am a bit ignorant of Anschutz rifles, since only one of my seven rimfire target rifles is a anschutz, although it is a Savage-Anchutz and a model 64 action as well. But I am sure that even you acknowledge that is a legitimate ticket to this opera in your convoluted hierarchy system. Too bad you are unable to ban everybody but a couple of your chosen few.

For what it is worth, I do not understand the people that mag dump black rifles at the gun club and proclaim "Look, I hit the target, Twice!". But as long as they are following the rules and handling their firearm in a safe manor, I welcome them with open arms. They get the red carpet treatment if they are polite and courteous. If they show any interest in my Winchester 52C or my Heinel Schutzen rifle, well, they will get a invitation to come check out the rifle team.

They wanna start a facebook page and invite all their friends to the shooting world? I am helping them and assisting any way I can.

Personally, if I can get a youngster interested in shooting competition, and they really decide to pursue it, it will teach them honesty, dedication, persistence, the value of hard work, basically all the personal strengths needed to excel in the academic and professional community.

A new guy with fifty posts on Rimfire Central shows enough initiative to start a facebook page and advertises it? And you guys put post after post discouraging him? I was ashamed when I read all you people's discouraging remarks. I hope KK comes back but I think you have pushed him away guys. You should be ashamed.

I can see this sub forum is not a very welcoming place, I am done here.

Rest of you guys you have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.