Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Brand new R 55 Benchmark

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Odd Job 
#1 ·
Hi i recently found a brand new in box TC R55 Benchmark with brown laminate stock for $485.00. I did some reading on seems like a nice gun but not alot out on spare parts, clips, bolt bumber. Couple things i read that there magazines have feeding issues caused by weak springs and bolt bumpers wear out nothing out there to replace them with no parts. I am looking for advice on wether to buy it and know there's no spare parts out there or just pass on it. Any input would be appreciated
Thanks

#2 ·
I used to have one. Sold it because it was too heavy for me. However, it's a very accurate gun. The mags are darn near impossible to find and, even though quite heavy, are quite fragile, i.e. plastic bottom. Price seems high to me considering the parts and mag situation. It's not a collectible so NIB wouldn't mean a whole lot to me. Used ones seem to go for $300 or so. I sold mine in excellent condition with a very nice scope and three mags for $350 a couple of years ago.

#3 ·
I owned one just like it for a short period of time. Very heavy and I hated the magazines, so heavy and clumsy. On about the second day I owned mine I accidentally dropped a magazine and left a large dent in the stock, they are that heavy! The worst part, I had sold a nice model 617 Smith & Wesson revolver to purchase mine.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.