Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger's Fantastic Customer Service

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  acm123b 
#1 ·

Trying to put a new Extended Magazine Release in my Black Mamba I broke the frame where the spring that holds the release in. I sent the frame back to Ruger without any of the internal parts as per the customer service reps advice.

Today, 3 days later, I received a new complete frame. All new parts at NO CHARGE!

Great customer service. That's why I do business with Ruger.

Tomorrow I will be taking all those new parts out and replacing them with my Volquartsen Accurizing Kit.

It's great to see how Ruger takes care of our problems even when it was my fault.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ruger let you send in just the frame ? In the past I have been told by service I had to send the whole gun in and then they charged me 35.00 disassembly charge !
I am glad to see you can send in parts of a gun now. I would like to send in a MKII to be D&Ted but don't want to send in the whole gun , just the upper.

#4 ·
I've sent my Mark IVs in a few times. I put the Volquartsen kits in as soon as I get my gun. I have to take it apart to be able to send it in or they will replace all parts with theirs and charge me.

The customer service rep told me a few years ago to just send in the gun with the parts in a bag and they would put it back together. I've done it every time I've sent in the frame and they haven 't charged me to re-assemble the guns.

I did send my Mark III Hunter in once and had the wrong bolt in it. I got confused and sent a blued bolt with a stainless gun. They told me they had to have the stainless bolt. I could send them the bolt for no extra charge or they would put a stainless in for $ 75.

So, you do have to call first and see if they will do it at the time you have to send yours in. I also explain in my letter that the customer service rep told me to do it that way. It helps to put their name in the letter.

#6 ·
They did a great hocus pocus on my Mrk II w/ a '%%%%%%%' barrel and no charge and they paid freight, ging and coming.

The tech told me what it needed and I said "how much is that going to cost?"
He said "No charge." What was I to say but "do it"-that was about 5 yrs ago.

#7 · (Edited)
Ruger does have great customer service, and you got something for nothing which pleases most humans.

But they should have charged you something. The lessons you learn the best are those that have a cost to you. And in the future if you need a repair from them that does cost you something, the probability fo you then taking to the internet whining about "but they didn't charge me last time" are, at best, 50-50.

Maybe I should change my forum name to Bobby Sunshine.

#8 ·
Ruger has truly exceptional customer service. I experienced this in 2019.
I had a 1984 10/22 that the sling let loose on, which then fell front sight first onto concrete. This caused the receiver to crack.
I called them and explained the issue, telling them that it was my fault on a 35 year old rifle. They said "send the rifle in and we'll replace it".
I said that I wanted to keep the (very accurate) barrel and (by now) pretty decent trigger so they said "send the bare receiver in".
A little while later they sent me a new receiver. All at no charge to me.

#9 ·
for me

Ruger did the same over the top service on a cracked barrel lug on my SR1911 10mm. Told the rep I had done a polish all the parts trigger job getting it down to 2 3/4#'s and he said to send it in minus all the parts. Mostly naked frame and slide came back with all the missing parts including a magazine, NO CHARGE! Of course their new trigger pull was around 5 1/2#'s. Looked up the going rate on everything being sold on eBay and it totaled $250. Incredible.

#10 ·
good customer service

Whenever I have ever dealt with Ruger customer service, they have always been accommodating and charged very reasonable rates when required. In addition, prompt shipping and communication with the staff was speedy and prompted mostly on them calling or emailing me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.