Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Oryx 10/22 Chassis

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigbluegill 
#1 ·
I just got my Oryx 10/22 chassis today and mounted my action in it and am quite happy with the result. I previously had my action in a Magpul Hunter stock, but was never totally happy with it. I had put my Savage .308 in an Oryx a year ago and it transformed that build, so when I saw they now had one for the 10/22 I decided to get one. The Oryx isn't cheap but it's well made and complete and ready to go as is, it doesn't need a buffer tube w/stock and grip like the other chassis systems out there. Military camouflage Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood

Automotive tire Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun

See less See more
#11 ·
Hi Kirby,
So far I’m pleased with the Oryx although I’ve only shot it one time indoors at my local range which is only 25yds, but it shot a ten shot group using CMP Eley ammo into a single hole that a spent .22 casing fit snugly into. So yes I’m very happy with it and so was a buddy who also ended up ordering one too.

The 18” barrel was made by a gentleman named Chris, he prefers to use Green Mountain barrel blanks which he then bores, chambers and finishes. He then test fires the gun and won’t turn out a barrel that isn’t accurate, and he includes a test target.

The only other change that I’ve made is switching out the Vortex Crossfire 6-18 for a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24 for a little more power and a better reticle for longer range shooting. Now waiting for my clubs outdoor range to reopen after small game hunting season is over so I can stretch its legs.

#12 ·
Hi Kirby,
So far I'm pleased with the Oryx although I've only shot it one time indoors at my local range which is only 25yds, but it shot a ten shot group using CMP Eley ammo into a single hole that a spent .22 casing fit snugly into. So yes I'm very happy with it and so was a buddy who also ended up ordering one too.

The 18" barrel was made by a gentleman named Chris, he prefers to use Green Mountain barrel blanks which he then bores, chambers and finishes. He then test fires the gun and won't turn out a barrel that isn't accurate, and he includes a test target.

The only other change that I've made is switching out the Vortex Crossfire 6-18 for a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24 for a little more power and a better reticle for longer range shooting. Now waiting for my clubs outdoor range to reopen after small game hunting season is over so I can stretch its legs.
Thanks for the report !
I've ordered a KRG Bravo for one of my 10/22's , but I'm considering picking up an Oryx for a build using an action with a Kidd ULW barrel .
I'll be taking my CZ 455 Oryx to the range today . I've install a 24" heavy tapered Varmint barrel on it . It's definitely going to be a bench only rifle .
They are a solid chassis .

Looking forward to seeing some of your outdoor groups .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.