Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

A Warning...

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MI-shooter 
#1 ·
I've written about the great accuracy I've had with my LRT. I wanted a better trigger so bought a Timney 2 # trigger (warning is NOT about Timney trigger). In taking the action out of the stock the rear screw was tight but front screw was barely tight and came out after a half of a turn. Pulling the action out it looks like the front screw had maybe a thread or two engaged in the receiver but looking closer the receiver threads were stripped out! Short screw? Thick stock? Don't know. I contacted Ruger Customer Service they were really nice and they promised to make it right but I had to send it back (on their dime), which I did.

So the warning is to be careful to check the thread engagement of the action screws if you find them loosening up. If it looks too short, be careful tightening the screws.

MI-shooter

#3 ·
LRT

Both action screws were the same length in my rifle. Could be a stack up of dimensions as you have the bedding block, stock and a bushing the screw passes through. I'm sure Ruger will make it right and find the cause. Going to be too cold to shoot outside anyways so I have time.

#5 ·
It's Baaack.....

Well the big brown truck dropped it off this morning. No invoice explaining what they did. Can't see anything obvious.

Remounted the scope, put in the Timney trigger and took it out to the range for a test fire. All seems to be working. Every bit as accurate as before.

MI-shooter

#14 ·
LRT

Not sure. No freshly machined steel was seen. Only freshly machined wood was a hole for one of the bottom rail screw escushions which not sure why that would have been. I did take out the front bedding block but did not see anything there either. Seemed to be same height above the wood before vs after as I checked that before sending it back,

It's a mystery for sure but IT'S FIXED. All that mattered to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.