Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Picked up a Smith & Wesson 78g .22 pellet

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Jonah 
#1 ·
Don't know much if anything about the CO2 pistols. I have a couple of the Polish WZ. 1970 trainers which are single shot cocking pistols, but that is all the air gun experience I have.
Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

#14 ·
The .177 version is more valuable than the .22.

They are great shooters and should shoot well for many years if maintained. They require the use of a little Pelgunoil to keep the seals from drying out.

Replacing the seals is easy and can be done with simple hand tools. Kits are available from several sources based on my recent experience getting one for a friend's pistol. Many times, the exhaust valve is also worn and needs to be replaced. Some kits will include them, too.

Check Baker Air Guns if ebay does not have what you need.

#18 ·
Wow, I purchased a 78G .22 in 1978. Shot it in my college dorm room, telephone book shooting range:). Shot quite well, still does. Got replacement seals from Numrich, did a little stone work on the trigger sear. Not a masterpiece but was always fun to use for popping cans on camping trips. Introduced dozens of people to pistol shooting with it. As I said, I still own it, fun gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.