Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

November Fun Shoots

10K views 183 replies 13 participants last post by  PuddleJumper65 
#1 · (Edited)
All Hallow's Eve has passed (thankfully).

It must have been something in the water...

BAWHahaha!!

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20040.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each gnome, all 12 of 'em.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 120

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each hat on the gnome, (all 12 of them)

Hats count for 10 points, touching a line 5 points, misses count 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each beard on the gnome. (All 12 of them)

Beards (including mouth parts) will get you 10 points

Shots touching a line count 5

Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/Target-Black-Four.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull. Dead center or all of the black only. (all 4 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 120 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20025.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 1 shot at each bird. (all 14 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 140 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_101.pdf

Class III Irons (print 2 targets)

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 12 of them)

Now count 'em up, best edge

Max score 120, 12X. In order to score an "X" little x marked on the bull must be missing.

I know you can do it!

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

See less See more
#11 ·
Stan,
Thanks for continuing these fun shoots which are much appreciated. I personally like the gnome targets for Scoped Class II, but will not shoot these for a few weeks. Saturday is the start of our deer hunting season in Minnesota where it gets cold and we have already had 7-9 inches of new snow. I will be shooting for minute of deer accuracy with a .270 and maybe a little less accurate 357 Mag Handgun if a deer is within 25 yards!
Greyknife- Ralph

#13 ·
Hello everyone. So glad to see the interest here in my extended shooting friends. Temperatures have been dropping here all day. Started at 50F this morning and is now 36F and predicted to hold there. Twenty two mph winds with a lot of gust, snow showers off and on all day since 10:30 this morning.

Good hunting Ralph. I went shopping for some new hunting clothing yesterday and left with nothing in hand and quite disappointed with the selections and quality. Need to expand my search quickly.

Love the gnomes.
SHOOTING CONDITIONS
68F good visibility calm rec room 10 yds
Anschutz 9015 Black Air .177 8.2 gr. pellets
Excuses: Pink and green highlighter is tough to see? :eek:

Lee:D

#15 · (Edited)
Nice shooting Lee,
Those air guns look like so muck fun,, I'm going to have to pick one up soon too give it a try..:bthumb:
John
This one is like shooting a laser. There are a lot of choices out there and good information on Airguns of Arizona and other sellers. I chose this one because I want to shoot Field Target that is extremely challenging. The more I look into the airgun sports I find that it has a huge following.

#20 ·
Nice shooting Lee. :t

I'll have to try a few Gnomes, and if they go well I'll try a C-2 and 3 on the same target. That should put some fun in it. :D

Thanks Jack.
33* with 30 mph gust today.

#22 · (Edited)
I voted last week, so there isn't any reason to go outside...

RFC name: COW 54 First name: Stan
Score: 110/120; Class: C-2
Rifle: **AIRGUN** Daisy/Avanti 853 (Yipes, Stripes), Ammo: H&N Sport (.177)
Sights: Daisy iron sights
Weather: 52 deg, raining, inside shooting at 10 yards
Excuses: near misses on the first & last... (Gnome nutz)

#25 · (Edited)
Well done on your intro to Gnomeville John ... :bthumb:

They are a LOT harder than they look!

Very nice Stan,, love the Daisy :bthumb:
I've been looking at them , my mind is swimming with all the models out there,, other then price point just not sure what I'm looking at..
John
PS,, I'm haunted by Gnomes " next post"
This one is an 853 single stroke pneumatic. Virtually NO recoil. Came with everything you see in the photo, plus a sling and spacers for the stock.
(From the CMP, $115 delivered to your door) Refurbished, they were around $450 when they were new.

I didn't want a CO2 and the thought of PCP is too much for me. I just like to keep it simple, one cocking stroke, insert pellet, shoot. Repeat.

#24 · (Edited)
Got out today to try to kill some gnomes, ok I confess there harder then they look:D
I know you guys knew that already,,Lol

PJ/John
Both scoped lll , 90/120
CZ457 At-One
Dimondback 6-24x50
RWS special/ SK rifle match
Calm and cold “ for Ga”, trying some different techniques, firm hold vs very light on the gun with a new rest mod, :gun4:
Oh and notice the fly that committed suicide on my practice target or what’s left of him... :D

#27 ·
Addendum to the class 3 (irons)..

Print 2 targets, shoot 1 shot at each bull.

It should be easier to score this way :t

Same 120, 12X

#28 ·
Very nice Stan. I have some ready to shoot at with darker outlines. :t

Very nice John. They are a challenge. :t:t

I bought the Anschutz Black Air PCP because I want to shoot the Field Target game. The downside to it is the requirement for a durable backstop. Another air rifle game is Hunter Field Target that requires the higher velocity PCP.

#32 ·
Haven't tried them yet, but I'm with you on that.

Nice shooting Stan, and John :t:t

Going to try and wing a few later with the pistol. May be some wounded ones coming you guys way that need finishing off. ;)

#33 · (Edited)
RFC name: COW 54 First name: Stan
Score: 120/7x; Class: C-3
Rifle: **AIRGUN** Daisy/Avanti 853 (Conroe), Ammo: ELEY Ventus (.177)
Sights: Daisy iron sights
Weather: 59 deg, still raining, inside shooting at 10 yards
Excuses: Coming to terms with this ammo, it's okay...but...

#36 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :)

Great shooting Stan. With your experience on pellets rifles and the comment above would you mind expanding on differences you have found.

It was all about finding a replacement for R-10s..

I'm the caretaker of four pretty accurate rifles, two Daisy/Avantis and two HWs.

The R10s shot like the ELEY target, I thought I could do better.

After much trial & error with 8.2gr projectiles, the Daisy's have a real fondness for H&N Sport. Also JSB Match (middle weight).

The HWs prefer RWS Meisterkugeln to R-10s. Go figure!

This not a quantum leap forward, but one or two MORE x's to count at the end of the end of the day will either make ya or break ya...

All rifles are different. This what works in mine anyway...

#38 ·
An here we go :D

RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: C1 115/120 C2 90/120 and C3 65/120 ,Class: C 1,2 and 3,
Scope: Nikko Sterling 3-9x40 @8,
Rifle make: CZ 452E2, Ammo: Aguila Super Extra SV
Weather conditions: +8C, sunny and approximately 9 mph wind.
Excuses: Windy and a C1 gun and ammo :D

The C1 and 3 shots are the same but score different ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.