Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:26 PM
wmrike

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Chamber in 52 reproductions

Elsewhere I was reading a thread and one of the tangents was in regards to the chambers of the M52 reproductions. Opinions ranged from match chamber, to a loose match chamber, to just a regular chamber.

In my own Browning 52, the chamber is tight, ****ed tight, and engraves the bullet to within a hair of the casing. If I chamber a round and try to extract it, unfired, it won't come out - has to be pried out. Extraction of fired cased is problematic with anything Lapua makes, to the tune of about a 20% FTE rate. Eley once in a while.

In all, I take all that as a sign of either a full blown match chamber or a very worn chamber reamer they just had laying around. Opinions or comments?
Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM
buckndee
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
My Browning 52 is the same. Great gun. Just need to be aware of the extraction issue.