Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 PM
highpointrich

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New York Safe act internet ammo sales ?

Can anyone confirm that the NY Safe act has changed so now it is legal to purchase ammo on the internet direct to my home and not have to go thru a FFL dealer.
From what I have found so far, is that it was changed on July 10,2015 but many internet dealers still will not ship to NY

True or false?

If so, has anyone built a list of internet ammo dealers that are aware of the change and will ship to New York.
Thanks in advance.
Rich
Old 02-04-2020, 05:26 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpointrich View Post
Can anyone confirm that the NY Safe act has changed so now it is legal to purchase ammo on the internet direct to my home and not have to go thru a FFL dealer.
From what I have found so far, is that it was changed on July 10,2015 but many internet dealers still will not ship to NY

True or false?

If so, has anyone built a list of internet ammo dealers that are aware of the change and will ship to New York.
Thanks in advance.
Rich
Rich: tried to PM you about a Boyd's stock, but your account is not accepting PM's. PM me an e-mail address and I can send you the info you were looking for.

flangster
Old 02-04-2020, 06:02 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I haven't noticed that but I'd like know my self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2020, 06:29 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
NYS has stated that it will not enforce the law against shipping ammo into the state, but they haven't taken it off the books either. Great, huh? Anyway, there are several places shipping ammo to your door from out of state. Most won't because the state hasn't recinded the provision.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM
wolfspotter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in upstate NY and haven't had a problem buying on line. My last purchase was from Target Sports. Some gun shops might tell you differently to keep you from buying on line.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ny-s...s-p-58633.aspx
Old 02-05-2020, 11:29 PM
tbates66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle. Related story. I'm visiting Florida from Kansas so went to some gun stores for kicks. Found a rifle I liked, but the store declined to sell it because they made the decision to refuse sales of ALL guns to non-residents, even though they can legally sell long guns. So, we have to know the laws and the policies of individual vendors.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Stockcrafter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspotter View Post
I live in upstate NY and haven't had a problem buying on line. My last purchase was from Target Sports. Some gun shops might tell you differently to keep you from buying on line.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ny-s...s-p-58633.aspx
Wolfspotter - thanks for the info., I wasn't aware of this!
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
oldreliable45120
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in Nassau Country (Long Island). Most places won’t ship to us. Target Sports USA does. I’ve ordered from them plenty of times, and have never had a problem with them.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbates66 View Post
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle. Related story. I'm visiting Florida from Kansas so went to some gun stores for kicks. Found a rifle I liked, but the store declined to sell it because they made the decision to refuse sales of ALL guns to non-residents, even though they can legally sell long guns. So, we have to know the laws and the policies of individual vendors.

That's just silly. They have to send it to your local FFL anyway (unless it's a contiguous state, of course). All they did was cut themselves out of a sale. I am decent at geography, and know that Florida and Kansas aren't contiguous , but have they changed that law since I worked in a gun shop?
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Mike3838
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbates66 View Post
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle.
Vendors need to read and understand the laws. I'm in Illinois, and can legally receive loaded ammo delivered to my front door by UPS. Chicago city limits, no, it can't be done. Chicago is not all of Illinois, but vendors aren't smart enough to figure that out I guess. It's only 7 weeks into 2020, and I've had 6000 rounds delivered right to my front door so far this year. I buy my ammo in January and February, stock up for the entire year.