New York Safe act internet ammo sales ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2019, 07:42 PM
highpointrich's Avatar
highpointrich

Join Date: 
Mar 2016
Location: 
Upstate NY
Posts: 
46
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New York Safe act internet ammo sales ?



Log in to see fewer ads
Can anyone confirm that the NY Safe act has changed so now it is legal to purchase ammo on the internet direct to my home and not have to go thru a FFL dealer.
From what I have found so far, is that it was changed on July 10,2015 but many internet dealers still will not ship to NY

True or false?

If so, has anyone built a list of internet ammo dealers that are aware of the change and will ship to New York.
Thanks in advance.
Rich
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:26 PM
flangster

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Posts: 
4,289
TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpointrich View Post
Can anyone confirm that the NY Safe act has changed so now it is legal to purchase ammo on the internet direct to my home and not have to go thru a FFL dealer.
From what I have found so far, is that it was changed on July 10,2015 but many internet dealers still will not ship to NY

True or false?

If so, has anyone built a list of internet ammo dealers that are aware of the change and will ship to New York.
Thanks in advance.
Rich
Rich: tried to PM you about a Boyd's stock, but your account is not accepting PM's. PM me an e-mail address and I can send you the info you were looking for.

flangster
__________________
============
n00by is now flangster on RFC -- still a newbie though
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2020, 06:02 PM
scooter22 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Location: 
Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
Posts: 
7,824
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I haven't noticed that but I'd like know my self.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 02-04-2020, 06:29 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2009
Location: 
Western New York
Posts: 
1,693
TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
NYS has stated that it will not enforce the law against shipping ammo into the state, but they haven't taken it off the books either. Great, huh? Anyway, there are several places shipping ammo to your door from out of state. Most won't because the state hasn't recinded the provision.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM
wolfspotter

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
New York
Posts: 
258
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in upstate NY and haven't had a problem buying on line. My last purchase was from Target Sports. Some gun shops might tell you differently to keep you from buying on line.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ny-s...s-p-58633.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2020, 11:29 PM
tbates66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Location: 
NE Kansas
Posts: 
1,428
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle. Related story. I'm visiting Florida from Kansas so went to some gun stores for kicks. Found a rifle I liked, but the store declined to sell it because they made the decision to refuse sales of ALL guns to non-residents, even though they can legally sell long guns. So, we have to know the laws and the policies of individual vendors.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Stockcrafter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2018
Posts: 
29
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspotter View Post
I live in upstate NY and haven't had a problem buying on line. My last purchase was from Target Sports. Some gun shops might tell you differently to keep you from buying on line.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ny-s...s-p-58633.aspx
Wolfspotter - thanks for the info., I wasn't aware of this!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
oldreliable45120
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Location: 
Long Island NY
Posts: 
1
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in Nassau Country (Long Island). Most places won’t ship to us. Target Sports USA does. I’ve ordered from them plenty of times, and have never had a problem with them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2003
Location: 
Radcliff, KY
Posts: 
1,282
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbates66 View Post
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle. Related story. I'm visiting Florida from Kansas so went to some gun stores for kicks. Found a rifle I liked, but the store declined to sell it because they made the decision to refuse sales of ALL guns to non-residents, even though they can legally sell long guns. So, we have to know the laws and the policies of individual vendors.

That's just silly. They have to send it to your local FFL anyway (unless it's a contiguous state, of course). All they did was cut themselves out of a sale. I am decent at geography, and know that Florida and Kansas aren't contiguous , but have they changed that law since I worked in a gun shop?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Mike3838
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Illinois
Posts: 
364
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbates66 View Post
don't know what the rules are, but many suppliers make it easy on themselves and just write off New York, California, and Illinois. Vendors don't need the hassle.
Vendors need to read and understand the laws. I'm in Illinois, and can legally receive loaded ammo delivered to my front door by UPS. Chicago city limits, no, it can't be done. Chicago is not all of Illinois, but vendors aren't smart enough to figure that out I guess. It's only 7 weeks into 2020, and I've had 6000 rounds delivered right to my front door so far this year. I buy my ammo in January and February, stock up for the entire year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get it while you can -- WalMart to drop handgun ammo sales Sophia RFC Community Forum 111 09-12-2019 07:14 PM
Rules: 25 Yd Offhand 500/50X Match Any Gun, Any Ammo Bob4BVM Offhand Rifle Match 4 05-05-2019 12:08 PM
How much .22? Hovannes .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 105 01-05-2018 01:10 PM
S/S Cheap Ammo Challenge Clem-E SuperStock 33 04-28-2017 09:01 PM
Ammo recomendation for the Colt/Walther 1911's ptf18 .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 2 12-31-2016 11:35 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x