Does anyone make trigger slave pins for sale online? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 PM
ItsKYRO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone make trigger slave pins for sale online?

This will be a 2 part question. A little background on the question:

As some of you know, I recently had some issues reassembling my trigger assembly. Looking back, one of my biggest issues that added hours to this process, was that I cut up Q-tips and used them as slave pins, yeah they worked. But, what would happen is I would go to put the real pin back in and when the Q-tip would be getting moved out, somewhere inbetween the two, what the Q-tip was being used to hold together would shift and I would have to pull back out the pin, re-arrange what I was putting in there, and put the Q-tip back in and keep trying this until it would hold.

1.) I would like to make dissaembling and reassembling the trigger assembly the easiest process available in the future, and the first way I can think to do that, is if there is slave pins on the market specifically made for being used in the Ruger 10/22 trigger assemblys to hold things together while i'm putting it together and then will get pushed out by the original pin when it goes back in.

2.) A little bit off the original question, another thing I had issues with was that the original pins were a bit loose in the trigger assembly and some of them kept sliding out the side when I would be working on putting something else in. Do you guys recommend some better pins for the trigger assembly that are a bit more snug? If so, would these pins happen to fit aftermarket triggers too if I end up getting one down the road?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Ricekila
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cut down finish nail
Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
There are several companies that offer oversize trigger pins for this exact reason. They usually can be ordered for under $10. And you can still remove them easy enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
As far as them fitting aftermarket triggers it depends. If you buy a complete drop in unit then no they probably won't fit, with the exception of the 2 receiver pins that hold the trigger assembly on. IME when purchasing aftermarket complete trigger assemblies you don't need them anyways because they are usually a much tighter fit than the OEM. As far as installing aftermarket trigger kits, they will work fine with them, and a lot of kits come with new pins anyways
Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
http://www.gunsmithertools.com/gunsm...ool/index.html

this is the best tool for working on trigger assemblies
Old 01-13-2017, 07:55 PM
ItsKYRO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
http://www.gunsmithertools.com/gunsm...ool/index.html

this is the best tool for working on trigger assemblies
Hey! This might definitely be something I order, it looks like it comes with a slave pin for the trigger itself which was definitely the most difficult part. Do you know though, will that slave pin also fit other holes in the trigger assembly or just that one spot?
Old 01-13-2017, 08:19 PM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKYRO View Post
2.) A little bit off the original question, another thing I had issues with was that the original pins were a bit loose in the trigger assembly and some of them kept sliding out the side when I would be working on putting something else in. Do you guys recommend some better pins for the trigger assembly that are a bit more snug? If so, would these pins happen to fit aftermarket triggers too if I end up getting one down the road?
I used the oversized 3 pin pack halfway down this page ($9.95):

http://www.triggershims.com/10_22_parts.html
Old 01-13-2017, 08:20 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Hey! This might definitely be something I order, it looks like it comes with a slave pin for the trigger itself which was definitely the most difficult part. Do you know though, will that slave pin also fit other holes in the trigger assembly or just that one spot?
yes, the slave pin will fit the other pin holes... but for what purpose would you need the short slave pin to fit into the other pin holes?

the pin pusher part of the tool is removable from the delrin section, and can be used to line up other parts of the trigger group so the pins can be properly inserted into position if need be

watch the vid on gunsmither's sight

Last edited by crackedcornish; 01-13-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
The trigger pin is a different size than the other pins in the assembly
Old 01-13-2017, 08:32 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

just put a dab of nail polish on the end of the pins of your assembled group to hold them in place
Old 01-13-2017, 08:38 PM
ItsKYRO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
just put a dab of nail polish on the end of the pins of your assembled group to hold them in place
You know what, you sold me on this thing. I watched the youtube video. It's just too useful for $15 not to do it.

Got my first "mod" for my 10/22 today. The bx-25 magazine. I think next is going to be an auto bolt release. I honestly doubted people when I kept reading about how much of a pain the factory bolt release is, until I finally went shooting today.

Also, while my brother was shooting his AR-15 and a couple friends were shooting a 45 and 9mm handguns they were laughing at the sound of my 22. I almost wish there was something to make this gun sound more BA lol!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
Cut down finish nail
Or a drill bit
Or the shaft from a dremel attachment.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:56 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
You know what, you sold me on this thing. I watched the youtube video. It's just too useful for $15 not to do it.

Got my first "mod" for my 10/22 today. The bx-25 magazine. I think next is going to be an auto bolt release. I honestly doubted people when I kept reading about how much of a pain the factory bolt release is, until I finally went shooting today.

Also, while my brother was shooting his AR-15 and a couple friends were shooting a 45 and 9mm handguns they were laughing at the sound of my 22. I almost wish there was something to make this gun sound more BA lol!
at the cost of ammo nowadays you should be laughing at them for the amount of money they spent to put holes in paper just like you were doing

.....that's why I have .22LR adapters for my AR's and my Glocks
Old 01-13-2017, 09:45 PM
azjeff
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:

.....that's why I have .22LR adapters for my AR's and my Glocks
Got one for ARs, what brand and how does it function in the Glock?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 PM
LDThornton

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
This will be a 2 part question. A little background on the question:

As some of you know, I recently had some issues reassembling my trigger assembly. Looking back, one of my biggest issues that added hours to this process, was that I cut up Q-tips and used them as slave pins, yeah they worked. But, what would happen is I would go to put the real pin back in and when the Q-tip would be getting moved out, somewhere inbetween the two, what the Q-tip was being used to hold together would shift and I would have to pull back out the pin, re-arrange what I was putting in there, and put the Q-tip back in and keep trying this until it would hold.

1.) I would like to make dissaembling and reassembling the trigger assembly the easiest process available in the future, and the first way I can think to do that, is if there is slave pins on the market specifically made for being used in the Ruger 10/22 trigger assemblys to hold things together while i'm putting it together and then will get pushed out by the original pin when it goes back in.

I've always used spray can straws cut to the proper length. They don't wear out very easily.