Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM
22builder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
steel magazines?

Hello all, I finally got my 10/22 assembled, I ended up using a deluxe walnut stock, bx trigger group, 18 inch fluted barrel and a leupold fixed 2.5x scope. Over all Im happy with it, but I was wondering if there are any magazines that are steel instead of plastic, to give the rifle that old school mini-14-esque steel-and-wood look. Basically something that holds at least 15 rounds and looks kind of like the promag nomad magazine but is steel instead of plastic. If anyone knows of somthing like that, I would really appreciate the input. Thanks guys and have a good one!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
RavenLunatic

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Bingham used to make a 30 round steel magazine (that required an adapter for the 10/22). Pre-1990's manufacture.

They are rare, and the last one I saw sold went for about $150 (including the adapter.)

Tactical Inc. makes an aluminum 10/22 magazine (the TI25). They go for about $70.

Another option would be to bubba your own. Take a 10 round factory mag and glue the lower portion of another magazine to it. Maybe even cut-off the top 1/4 of a Mini-14 steel magazine and use the lower section.

Last edited by RavenLunatic; 03-09-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:29 PM
22builder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the help, im looking for something that actually is hi cap, not just a glued steel mag on the bottom of a 10 shot. Ill check the ones you suggested out, thank you!