Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
hunnybear116

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
Just received my new Nordic Comp. receiver and found out some very interesting things. While disassembling my rifle and removing the Archangel stock I observed some similarities between the two brands of receivers. I began to experiment by switching out pieces between them and "low and behold" both are near identical in dimensions to each other. This allowed all of the pieces to mesh and seem to be compatible.

The Archangel top rail section mated flawlessly with the Nordic bottom and vise versa. Not only did the tops mate well so did the Archangel fore grip bolt up the Nordic receiver bottom. Even the Nordic aluminum fore grip section attach nicely to the Archangel polymer bottom. The only difference between the two is the Nordic rail is a tad higher in elevation compared to the Archangel component.

This opens up some very good cost saving ideas for individuals who do not want to use an Entire Nordic receiver but is interested in purchasing their fore section to add a screw on AR full Floating fore grip. Purchase the Nordic fore grip screw attachment and the ATI StrikeForce aluminum buffer thread adapter for $40, cut off the Archangel faux buffer tube and add your spare AR pieces to the rifle for a great trainer or plinker.

Awesome post! Where can I get the forgrip screw attachment? I looked on nordic's site and can't find it? I've been wanting a different forgrip on my archangel for a long time but never found anyway to do it till now.

Thanks for the great idea! Now if I can find the parts

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk