Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:03 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
What happened?

I figured this sub forum would get more interest than this. No posts in over 24 hrs and I made that post LOL. I hope interest picks up.

swampf0x
Old 12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
yeah, I was hoping to see a flood of 10/22T's posted here
Old 12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
What happened?

I had high hopes also..... I think a lot of people do not realize what this sub forum is for. Maybe we should have called it Super Sporter's.......Who knows.

Last edited by plinker4life; 12-17-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think the name could still be changed. If we want to discuss that and come to an agreement I am open for anything. I kind of Like Super Sporters except they are not sporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 12-17-2014, 09:30 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I was just kidding about the name I think it's fine. I just think it may get looked over by some people due to the fact they have no clue what we are about.

On the other hand I don't want to be the person recruiting in other sub forums.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:00 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Hey, we got company. Come on in, sit back and lets talk about guns.

swampy
Old 12-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I chose that name on the spur of the moment trying to come up with something that fit the SuperStock family but also trying to imply heavy barrels or maybe I should say FAT barrels are welcome because not all .920 barrels are heavy.

I really am open to something BETTER if anyone cane think of it. We did go around a bit at first but we could not get an agreement on a better name.

I never thought this would be a huge sub forum but based on howmany people I had to tell that their rifles did not fit in SuperStock I really wanted to make them part of the family

Old 12-18-2014, 07:06 AM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
What happened?

I also think the ammo problems have been a contributing factor...,.., just last week was the first time I have been able to order SK+ and some SK magazine for less than 60 a brick shipped. It has been more than 2 years since that has happened for me.

I am pretty excited to say the least. I have been shooting about a 1/4 of what I used to 2 years prior in order to save the ammo I have on hand. I never once purchased price gouged ammo and told myself I would stop shooting once I was down to my last 2 bricks. Well I never made it that far and I think the days of being able to buy .22 ammo at reasonable price is just over the Horizon.

I have great expectations for 2015.

Last edited by plinker4life; 12-18-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
True for most of us I think.

On a more personal note I got my car all apart last night and it is good news is the cylinders and head look like they have 10,000 miles instead of 226,000!! I have never seen such a clean engine inside so it appears it was just the head gasket for when it over heated.

If you recall that is why I missed our Fall Shootout. Ordered parts last night and should be back together early next week so I should be good for a Spring Shoot

Last edited by Vincent; 12-18-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:09 PM
86c
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Vincent, I know you don't want to hear this but imo the reason people don't post here is because the vast majority of them have 1022s and many don't know this section of the forum applies to them because they post in the 1022 section. The 1022 section has the ulitmates as a customized/accurized rifle and therefore they post there instead of here.

Just the way I see it based on my personal experience of putting what should have been a super stock in the factory stock because 1022 section has a factory stock category and I didn't think mine was what people would consider an ultimate.

Also, I have what fits the technical definition of a super sport heavy but it is actually an ultra-light and I just can't bring myself to call it a heavy just like I don't consider my factory barreled DSP to be an ultimate even tho it is considerably customized and definitely one of a kind.

I am not trying to convince you to change anything just saying that is my answer as to WHY there is a lack of posting here.

Cash is KING but advertising is QUEEN. It is a Chess Match and we all know the Queen rules the board.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:03 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I agree with86c. To get more traffic, it needs to be in the 10/22 section. The word "Heavy" should also be removed/replaced because not all .920s are heavy. Perhaps the name could be "Modified Stock .920" "Supersport Fat" or something similar. JMHO

swampf0x
Old 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
dimner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86c View Post
Vincent, I know you don't want to hear this but imo the reason people don't post here is because the vast majority of them have 1022s and many don't know this section of the forum applies to them because they post in the 1022 section. The 1022 section has the ulitmates as a customized/accurized rifle and therefore they post there instead of here.

Just the way I see it based on my personal experience of putting what should have been a super stock in the factory stock because 1022 section has a factory stock category and I didn't think mine was what people would consider an ultimate.....
This is the exact reason I didn't know about this area until Vincent pointed me in this direction.

My interest in 10/22's and any 22's for that matter isn't ultimate, it's taking a stock sporter and keeping as much of it 'stock' but making it into a super rifle. Via tips, tricks, hacks, mods, etc. Some aftermarket parts are ok as long as it looks like the stock rifle. But that's just what makes me tick. I'm the guy who likes 4 door cars that are super fast, don't any different than a normal sedan, and can beat the pants off of sports cars.

So I guess I would only post in the 'super stock heavy' area if my stock rifle came with the heavy barrel.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:29 PM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Hello dimner. It sounds like you are looking for the Superstock forum. This is the Super sport Heavy forum. The names are 2 similar and causes confusion IMHO

The Super Stock forum is for folks just like you. The rifle stays in a sporter style stock as does the barrel. Gut's can be anything.

Super Sport Heavy is for sporter styled stocks with a fat barrel, doesn't have to be "heavy" which makes it confusing. Guts can be anything.

swampf0x
Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
If I remember correctly SuperSport "Fatties" was discussed in the beginning. Lol
Old 12-18-2014, 05:07 PM
dimner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampF0X View Post
Hello dimner. It sounds like you are looking for the Superstock forum. This is the Super sport Heavy forum. The names are 2 similar and causes confusion IMHO

The Super Stock forum is for folks just like you. The rifle stays in a sporter style stock as does the barrel. Gut's can be anything.

Super Sport Heavy is for sporter styled stocks with a fat barrel, doesn't have to be "heavy" which makes it confusing. Guts can be anything.

swampf0x
Yeah, I am often confused..Just thought I would give some perspective from an outsider and rookie as why there might not be a lot of traffic. Someday I will have a heavy barrel super stock (ie super sport heavy), but for now I will be going through a super stock and then a super stock bolt build.

Then again, where does one post about their super sport heavy bolt action?