Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:02 PM
stewar15
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Your doing great. It has been a pleasure working with you. Very proud to call you a friend. Thanks for the kind words and please keep up the good work. Jim
Old 03-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well tomorrow is the CMP match I am taking my MP 15-22 in the tactical division. Practicing at the range in preparation for the match. It is shooting really good, but I have some tough competition. Hoping they will show you a picture of their rig...maybe they need some encouragement from the gang here.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The 15-22 is basically a 2-4 MOA rifle although some think it might be a little better, but I don't. There are some ways to improve the performance of the 15-22 however I am not sure what you are allowed to do in CMP. I am pretty sure there is a trigger pull limit based on the rule book as I remember it, somewhere around 3-3.5 lbs. But considering the stock 15-22 trigger is often in the 6 lbs and higher range anything might help. Depends on what you can afford and what your mechanical inclination is. A drop in 4 lb trigger would be a big improvement and it will cost you close to $200. Or a $66 ALG Defense Combat trigger will at least take all the grittiness and creep out of a mil-spec type trigger but leaves the pull still legal for military and DOD deployment at 5.5-6 lbs. Also replacing the polymer handguard with an AR-15 one using the tools from Tacticool22 makes the front of the rifle stiffer as a side benefit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I traded my MP 15-22 in for a Tapco Intrafuse Ruger 10/22...stainless steel barrel. Handles nice, good balance and weight. Need to get new scope rings or base mount so the bell doesn't rest on the top of the rail. Took it to the range today, shoots very good, darn close to my target rifle. So I am very excited
Old 04-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I go back and read the beginning of this thread...have come a long way
Had a few trials, tribulations and lessons learned...that is what life is all about
Took my new CMP tactical competition Tapco Intrafuse Ruger to the bench at 50 yards and thrilled Had to make sure the stainless steel barrel would be accurate. CMP target 50 yards 10's and X's from the bench...with no feeding problems. So now it is up to me and my skills
Old 05-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Registered for CMP Camp Perry...have never been there. Going two relays first relay is my target ruger 10/22. Second relay is tactical with my Tapco Intrafuse Ruger 10/22 stainless steel barrel. That little gun shoots so well...I am excited.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have been shooting my tactical Ruger...the trigger is a little heavier...must be greater than 4 pounds...you slowly squeeze and the bang almost surprises you...the long wait...than all of a sudden.

Have my spotting scope now, its funny...initially did not think I needed one...was I wrong...thank you folks at rimfire

So shooting at 50 yards in preparation for Camp Perry...going through all my positions. Will start practicing rapid fire next week. Getting excited

I shot my Ruger Tactical(Tapco) during the nationals at Camp Perry. It was as good as I was. My brother shot it in one of the relays...he is better than I am currently It shot great Had so much fun that day

Thinking about getting a different trigger for my Ruger Tapco...current trigger everything goes to the right.

Last edited by Gigione; 11-10-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Add on my experience at Camp Perry
Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Okay, shooting my Ruger Tapco in competition...heavy trigger. Accurate, but the trigger is heavy causing shots being to the right. Heard about the BX drop in trigger...thoughts?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:25 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigione View Post
Heard about the BX drop in trigger...thoughts?
Bypass that one, Brimstone is a way better trigger specially for the price!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
Bypass that one, Brimstone is a way better trigger specially for the price!
Wow...went to their site...thanks , never heard of Brimstone.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:49 PM
DavePat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You want a trigger ? This and only this !!!

http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Two-...e-22_p_10.html
Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePat View Post
You want a trigger ? This and only this !!!

http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Two-...e-22_p_10.html
Thanks Dave, Kidd makes good triggers. Not willing to spend that much for this particular rifle. Interested to try Brimstone and see what happens.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went for the Brimestone in this particular rifle. Will let you know how it went in the next competition.

Edit: Got my trigger back...went for the Brimstone Tier 1. Out of the box very smooth pull, could see the difference right away. Its in the rifle now, anxious to take it to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gigione; 12-23-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took my tactical gun to the range to test out the new Brimstone trigger.
Very smooth pull, trigger weight averages 3.8 pounds perfect for my CMP competition. No more shots to the right unless its my doing
Couldn't be happier.

PS Almost forgot match coming up this Sunday.

Last edited by Gigione; 01-06-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-09-2016, 11:14 PM
stewar15

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck.