Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:41 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
$1200 CNC AR Lower CNC machine

A friend sent me this link. $1200 will buy a small desktop CNC machine specifically designed and marketed for making non serialized AR lowers. My first thought was:
"Great! Just what we need- another controversial device/process to give the grabbers something to hem and haw about."

I wonder how useful the software is for machining other projects?

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/cody-wilson-ghost-gunner/

Thoughts/Opinions?

DrGunner
Old 10-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I am fine with it. I am tired of arbitrary laws written by people that do not not know guns but know repression (as in "thirty cal clip" from the State Sen speech).

TN passed a law that we can produse our own Suppressors as long as they do not cross the state's borders and is marked something like "To be used in TN." (that is NOT exact but you get the picture). Every gunsmith I know could make one but the BATFE put out a letter to all the FFLs basically saying "You want to be the test case because we want to MAKE you the test case".

I can't have a lawn mower without a muffler on it but at the same time they make it very hard to put a muffler on my 22. I am sick of it. No "Ghost Gun" killed anyone! A PERSON killed some other people. Would have happened ghost gun or not. The rifle not having a serial number did not solve the crime did it? The police solved the crime when they killed the creep that committed it.

I am sick on this over bearing, freedom robbing mentality. I am FAR from being an anarchist only because someone has to build the roads and such. Anarchy would never work. At the same time an increasingly repressive grovernment has to be brought into check. This ghost gun thing is nothing more than thumbing your nose at that government. What the government never tells us is serial number VERY RARELY solve crimes. How can they? You have to have the gun to have the serial number and if they have the gun the crime is probably already solved.

John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther king got assassinated and they made the gun maker serial number 22lr rifles!! How are those two things even closely connected? They are not. Gun control does many things but least of all does it control guns.

I have some 80% 10/22 receivers. I have no intention of selling them so they are not going to get a serial numbered. I am going to use them so I CAN sell my Ruger receivers WITH serial numbers. Not because they have serial numbers but so I can sell them and make a few bucks.

If it comes to a revolution in this country the politicians should not fear a few thousand guns w/o serial numbers. They should fear the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of guns WITH serial numbers. It is just one more way for politicians to justify their jobs. If JERRY BROWN was smart enough to veto that bill that should tell you a heck of a lot of how useless that idea was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 AM
FarmDad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IMO anything that stymies government infringement of our rights is a good thing . I dont care if its this little desktop mill , or Apple and Google going to encryption the government can't routinely violate at will , its a great thing . Its past time to take back some of what has been taken from us .
Gun Control has never been " truly possible " but now technology is putting years of skills and experience on machines into the hands of basically anyone who can run a keyboard .
I wont be getting one myself as i have already invested myself into learning at least the basics of machine skills , but I am glad to see it out there for anyone who wants it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Midnitehound
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Appalachian Mts. in a deep dark hollow between a rock and a hard place!
TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Talking

Power to the people!!! Dat's right!!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Kestrel4k

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Don't hold back Vincent, tell us what you really think, lol.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Don't hold back Vincent, tell us what you really think, lol.
I have to. Deep down I am very shy.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Flintlock28

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I have to. Deep down I am very shy.
No, you are very on the money...
Old 10-02-2014, 03:38 PM
MidnightBlack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
A friend sent me this link. $1200 will buy a small desktop CNC machine specifically designed and marketed for making non serialized AR lowers. My first thought was:
"Great! Just what we need- another controversial device/process to give the grabbers something to hem and haw about."

I wonder how useful the software is for machining other projects?

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/cody-wilson-ghost-gunner/

Thoughts/Opinions?

DrGunner
Pfft! Bwa ha ha! i love it! lol
Old 10-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Sun Tzu warrior

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great Idea! Let's give em' something to talk about!
Time to put as much uncertainty in their lives, (gun grabbers) as they try to put in ours! That said, the only way I see this being practical, is for several folks chipping in to purchasing it. How many 80% receivers does one need to have to justify the $1200 price?
STW
Old 10-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu warrior View Post
Great Idea! Let's give em' something to talk about!
Time to put as much uncertainty in their lives, (gun grabbers) as they try to put in ours! That said, the only way I see this being practical, is for several folks chipping in to purchasing it. How many 80% receivers does one need to have to justify the $1200 price?
STW
Practical.....not for most things but as you said if 10 guys got topgether and got one and did 3 receivers each the economy of scale starts to make sense. Plus there is just the fun of building your own rifles as opposed to paying someone else to.

RFC was kind of based on members helping others build their own rifles based on the 10/22. To a large extent it still is but there are less and less of that and now many are content to just go buy a rifle made by an after market supplier. Many of us that have been around longer miss the the times of building rather than buying.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:28 AM
nfngun

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thats a Nice little KIT.

And NO Gun Grabbers don't need another reason to complain. They do it without "REASON" to begin with.