Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:12 AM
GlennC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Marlinguy: Nice stock and scope. I've kept my "heavy B" original, but that stock intrigues me. Enjoy.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:07 AM
marlinguy
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennC View Post
Marlinguy: Nice stock and scope. I've kept my "heavy B" original, but that stock intrigues me. Enjoy.
Mine is also original, if I simply drop it back into the original stock. It came to me with both stocks, and also the scope, and a set of Marbles-Goss International sights.
I love the factory original look, but this custom stock is way better to shoot offhand, or benchrest with.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
stock

You want better performance you alter the stock - makes a difference.

bjm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 01:42 PM
slingshot455

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
This is my Bell 52 copy with Dulap stock.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 PM
cleanprone
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Dunlap prone stock

Slingshot- thanks for sharing your Dunlap laminated prone stocked 52. That is probably the only picture of this stock on the internet. The majority of the Dunlap stocks seem to be his 60's hi-power stocks, or a lesser number of International (3-P) thumbhole stocks. My Dunlap prone stock is virtually identical, only solid walnut and for the 40X. Through RFC I was able to contact one of the original owners, who posts here frequently. I should let him know the rifle, an early civilian 40X now wears a Hart barrel.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
stock

This is a Winchester 52 International with a modified stock making it more user friendly.
Going from the flat track Freeland style hook to a Shultz and Larsen hook that operates on a radius rather than a flat plane.
All original parts are still interchangeable for those who feel the need. Its all in the butt assy., easy on easy off.

bjm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1150160.JPG (80.4 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg P1150150.JPG (80.4 KB, 484 views)
File Type: jpg P1150152.JPG (81.1 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg P1150153.JPG (79.8 KB, 486 views)

Last edited by BrianJ; 02-08-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:04 PM
mazzman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What do you think this stock is? 52D (1962 date).

Old 08-13-2016, 01:39 PM
cleanprone
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
"what do you think this stock is?"

I think it is a very well thought out and executed 3P stock made by someone who has been influenced by the Walther LGV.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:59 AM
mazzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanprone View Post
I think it is a very well thought out and executed 3P stock made by someone who has been influenced by the Walther LGV.
Thanks. It works very well for me in prone and 4P. I was told it was a prone stock, and then an International Prone, but it is clearly workable as a position stock. I'm not that familiar with the varieties of these smallbore stocks and I appreciate the feedback.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:43 PM
mazzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jim & RFC: here are some shots of the action and the bedding in the stock. The 3-way buttplate is a Freeland. The trigger appears to be stock, but what a sweet one!

Old 08-31-2016, 02:26 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
stock

Mazzman,

This is a very interesting stock but I don't think its what you may think it is or what you were told. Most stocks come about because of special necessity and to me this is no different. I do not feel it is suited for prone. This stock has a very deep belly, one that could easily get the shooter disqualified not from shape as such but by resting on the ground when in the prone position. Many an "old timer" found that out.
The builder could have had OH in mind from the high comb. but not suited for 3pos as prone is part of 3/4 pos.
The deep belly may be more suited to BR. A BR shooter may have thoughts on that.

Very interesting bjm
Old 09-05-2016, 07:10 PM
mazzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
Mazzman,

This is a very interesting stock but I don't think its what you may think it is or what you were told. Most stocks come about because of special necessity and to me this is no different. I do not feel it is suited for prone. This stock has a very deep belly, one that could easily get the shooter disqualified not from shape as such but by resting on the ground when in the prone position. Many an "old timer" found that out.
The builder could have had OH in mind from the high comb. but not suited for 3pos as prone is part of 3/4 pos.
The deep belly may be more suited to BR. A BR shooter may have thoughts on that.

Very interesting bjm
Brian (bjm).

I would have to disagree with you on your evaluation. Although the stock does taper slightly towards the muzzle, I can attest to its excellent prone characteristics. There is no way that stock is going to rest on the ground in prone (and I use a very low prone position, with my forearm nearly parallel to the ground). As a High Power shooter, I have used a great number of prone and across-the-course stocks and this one is no deeper in the belly than those. As a quick reference, check out McMillan's Prone & XIT High Power stocks. They appear almost identical to this one. In fact, I did have to accommodate myself to the stock for sitting (not bad), offhand (used the palm rest), and, ugh, kneeling.

I would also have to point out that a BR stock is generally quite a bit wider and usually does not have the handstop rail.

Regards, /m
Old 02-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Northerner26

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here are a few pics of my 52c my late father left me. it is my favorite and most accurate rifle i own.
i have removed the Springfield sight that was on it and i put on the scope, and i replaced the hook with a rubber buttpad.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:42 AM
Mph_VT
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner26 View Post
here are a few pics of my 52c my late father left me. it is my favorite and most accurate rifle i own.
i have removed the Springfield sight that was on it and i put on the scope, and i replaced the hook with a rubber buttpad.

it looks like you went the opposite direction than I did.

Do you still have the hook butt plate?

Want to sell it? I'm leaning toward a MasterCraft, but .. .. it seems a good thing to stay as close to OEM
Old 06-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Mph_VT
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not the original stock?

I've been looking at selling this E.

I was told by a local dealer that because the stock wasn't the original stock (said they have number matching) the value is less, even tho it is an E stock. Doesn't sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mph_VT View Post
Here's the rifle after I modified (back?). It's a true 52E stock, no bedding block, no mag well and the butt pad has 'Winchester' molded into it. The sights are from CMP.