Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

VERY Nice. I do not think we ever get tired of those DSP stocks.

I have had 3 SuperStocks with them and the last one is very special. There are only two in the world like it. Made from Bubinga instead of Walnut Weighs double what a walnut stock weighs.

Everyone that saw and handled mine all commented on how well they "handle" Ruger hit a home run with that stock design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 07-23-2014, 05:32 AM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
VERY Nice. I do not think we ever get tired of those DSP stocks.

I have had 3 SuperStocks with them and the last one is very special. There are only two in the world like it. Made from Bubinga instead of Walnut
I LOVE the DSP !! Never heard of Bubinga, must be a pretty rare stock. I'd like to be getting out more and get some range pics but work has been ALL KINDS of crazy lately.

I hope it slows down some in August so I can try some of the 25 and 50 yard games you have set up.

Thanks and have a GREAT day
Chas
Old 07-23-2014, 06:11 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Other that the Fingergroove Ruger stocks the DSP is the best looking to me followed by the early walnut carbine stocks...classic look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Other that the Fingergroove Ruger stocks the DSP is the best looking to me followed by the early walnut carbine stocks...classic look.
Hit that one on the head for me too. It is funny because at the range many people do not realize Ruger ever made a 10/22 that was not a Carbine. I am often asked "Who made that stock" on my original Walnut DSPs.

Heck until I came to RFC I had never heard of the Finger Groove and I still, to this day, have never handled an original F.G. My lastest rifle is an F.G. Copy and is stunning in it's wood but I would love to own a stock one some day but it will probably never happen

Your DSP is a nice example. They have such nice clean lines. You are going to get many comments at the range.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Hit that one on the head for me too. It is funny because at the range many people do not realize Ruger ever made a 10/22 that was not a Carbine. I am often asked "Who made that stock" on my original Walnut DSPs.

Heck until I came to RFC I had never heard of the Finger Groove and I still, to this day, have never handled an original F.G. My lastest rifle is an F.G. Copy and is stunning in it's wood but I would love to own a stock one some day but it will probably never happen

Your DSP is a nice example. They have such nice clean lines. You are going to get many comments at the range.
Thanks for the nice comments !! Any pics of the Bungadin stock ? I've been getting quite a few good comments on the stock and also on the accuracy and trigger. Randy at CPC did a full tuneup on it and another of mine also.

Most of my friends and range buddies are more into CF rifles and handguns. They can't get over the accuracy from 25 yds and even out to 100 yds with my 10/22's. It even surprises me after some RNDs with the AR.

Another full day of work tomorrow and then our family reunion on Sunday so no range time this weekend. I'll take my 10/22's to our family reunion but it's supposed to rain Oh well maybe next weekend
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Bubinga stock, This rifle was given to me by a bunch of people at RFC.

The stock was cut and finished by Ruger with wood supplied by RFC Folks. The 19" Heavy Taper was donated by Green Mountain. The APV was donated by Mueller.

Bubinga is an African Rosewood so the rifle is called African Rose. The wood is much denser and heavier than walnut.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow !!! VERY NICE

Thanks for the pics

Chas
Old 07-27-2014, 01:03 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank you and I am extremely grateful to the people and sponsors of RFC for giving me such a nice gift and to Ruger for making the stock and finishing it so nicely.

Funny part is the 19" heavy taper Green Mountain barrel was my idea. Mr. Sanborn from GM posted and asked what kind of rifle we wanted next. At the time we were buying out of the 17" HT as soon as they were made and I asked for a 19 or 20" version. He replied it would never sell.

One SuperStock guy after another popped up saying THEY would buy it. 6 months or so he made a run and it sold out in a matter of a week or so memory tells me. Same with second run. I guess Mr. Sanborn remembered because when he was asked to support this rifle that is what he sent. When I thanked him for it he forward it to several people with in GM as if to remind them and spread the word. We are very lucky to have sponsors like Green Mountain and Mueller. I know I certainly appreciate them and what they did for me and Mark at Ruger was very generous. Hard to believe I own something so rare and they did it for us. They are a better and better company these days and they listen to what the shooters want.

This rifle is now left sighted in for 200 yards so that when graycrait and I go shooting it is ready for blasting saltine crackers at 200 yards as we did a week ago Friday. You know something good is going on when two 60ish men are giggling like kids and telling "Nailed THAT one!!"

I had originally donated the DNZ scope mount when I had no idea what was going on and later bought the KIDD 1.5# single stage trigger to finish off this fine little rifle.

Thanks again for your comments and thanks to all that helped. Hard to understand what I did to deserve such kindness from so many people

Last edited by Vincent; 07-27-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 AM
roothog
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Very beautiful! A gun to be proud of, for sure!! RH
Old 07-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
it sure is a looker.

hey RH what ya doing awake at 3 in the morning?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 AM
amblerrl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (125)
superstock

I'm wondering why he slept so late
Old 07-28-2014, 01:38 AM
roothog

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I bet Vince knows. Us ol' timers with bad backs and joints can only lay in bed for so long, then have to get up and get the ''kinks'' out! Usually hits me around 3:00 AM, so I use the time constructively..... check out SuperStock!! RH
Old 07-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roothog View Post
I bet Vince knows. Us ol' timers with bad backs and joints can only lay in bed for so long, then have to get up and get the ''kinks'' out! Usually hits me around 3:00 AM, so I use the time constructively..... check out SuperStock!! RH

Have broken my back 3 times....8 compression fractures of verts and one "burst fracture" where the vertebra just explodes. Crushed disks, Broken ribs but worse separated ribs on both side, two pretty severe whip lash injuries and one very severe.

Add broken toes numbering in 60s-70s, Torn cartilage in both knees.

Then we go into the arthritis much of it an a couple of those torn cartilage due to early and long martial arts.

I can not stay in one position for long. Can not sleep lay on stomach with out breaking or separating ribs (I have broken, or should say rebroken, a rib just by turning over in bed!)

Having osteoporosis and not knowing it (worse 1% of men my age when I was 45) and being an adrenaline junkie just did not mix well I guess.

Strange thing is I did not find out about the osteoporosis until I was 45 and most of the damage was done but I am not sure how much I would, or could, change about chosen life style. Adrenaline is such a great buzz it is hard to break that habit

Last edited by Vincent; 07-29-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Have broken my back 3 times....8 compression fractures of verts and one "burst fracture" where the vertebra just explodes. Crushed disks, Broken ribs but worse separated ribs on both side, two pretty severe whip lash injuries and one very severe.
(
WOW !! I've had 13 knee surgeries (left one is replaced and DR wants to replace the right one now) due to dirt bike racing in my younger years.

If we only knew then what we know now. But Probably wouldn't have changed a thing either

I'm only in my 50's and from your post I'm not looking forward to aging anymore. The joints are bad enough now especially in the winter
Old 07-29-2014, 01:28 AM
roothog

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If we only knew then what we know now. But Probably wouldn't have changed a thing either

Which begs the ''Question''; If you could would you be young again and have the wisdom you have now, or......... be young and stupid and have fun all over again RH