Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:58 AM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
'93 Buckmark Micro-barrel change?

Am interested in maybe changing the short slabside barrel on my 1993 Buckmark to either a 7.25 inch Bullseye or a 7.25 Hunter SE barrel.

I use it mostly for target practice at the range CCI-Mini-Mags and keep a full magazine of CCI-Velocitors in it at home (just in case...)

Don't want to spend $250 on a Tacsol barrel-- when the gun didn't cost that much when new.

Any thoughts on spending the $160 or $90 bucks on a longer barrel or should I just leave the Micro barrel on it and keep on shooting
Old 05-10-2014, 11:32 AM
wildbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Switching to a longer barrel will definately change the way it feels and handles. If you are shooting open sights you may also see an improvement in accuracy due to the longer sight radius. While Tac Sol barrels are nice, I think there biggest advantage is in the weight reduction. All factory barrels I have shot shoot really well.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 AM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have both a Tac Sol 7.25" fluted and a BM 7.25" fluted target barrel. Both work fine for different purposes on a 1990 BM that had a 5.5" slabside on it when new. Both will help for target shooting if using iron sights. If using a red dot it makes little difference what barrel length you use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
cstuard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah but that Bullseye looks so dang cool! I took my Silhouette barrel and rail off and installed a factory Bullseye barrel and I am very happy w/ how it shoots. It's just personal preference I know, but to me that 4 inch barrel looks like someone made a mistake.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well--- I decided------------ I already have a 93 Micro Bull slab barrel, a 2012 Camper with a 5.5 round bull barrel

............so all I need save up for is a Buckmark with a fluted 7.25 inch barrel.....

Does anyone else have 3, different size barrel Buckmarks???