Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 PM
warndt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobn View Post
I am glad to see I am not the only fool. I have three rossi pumps. two Garcia imports and one Interarms. for a while I had a taurus 22 mag carbine but never shot it.....oh well, lol. must be a disease.
...thought I would cover the quality issue a little. the 72 era has crappy but well varnished wood with purple bluing. action has been shot smooth. the later but still Garcia imported era rossi is the nicest. correct color bluing, better sights, nice wood and a firm but smooth action. the Interarms Rossi is rude all the way around. bobn
Wow bobn...You turned everything upside down! Especially the comment that the Interarms Rossi is rude all the way around. I just bid on an Interarms Rossi due to the earlier responses so...can you share in a bit more detail?

It seems as though my question carried more weight than i thought. I looks as though we have 4 or 5 different rifles that we are now talking about here.

The early Rossi Garcia, The later Rossi Garcia, the Rossi Interarms, the Taurus Interarms and the Taurus Interarms Mag.

I was getting the impresssion that these were all fairly fine rifles....Now?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:27 PM
1knifeboy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warndt View Post
Wow bobn...You turned everything upside down! Especially the comment that the Interarms Rossi is rude all the way around. I just bid on an Interarms Rossi due to the earlier responses so...can you share in a bit more detail?

It seems as though my question carried more weight than i thought. I looks as though we have 4 or 5 different rifles that we are now talking about here.

The early Rossi Garcia, The later Rossi Garcia, the Rossi Interarms, the Taurus Interarms and the Taurus Interarms Mag.

I was getting the impresssion that these were all fairly fine rifles....Now?
IMHO they ARE FAIRLY FINE RIFLES!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
bobn
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree, they are fine rifles. but guns change throughout the years of manufacturing from any company.....heck I have had navy arms 92 lever guns purchased in the same calendar year and you would swear there was two different builders. I am not sure you can identify a bad year on the rossi guns just that my three guns do vary.
fwiw, i would not sell any of them and regret selling the later Taurus 22 mag version....bobn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Here is my Rossi Model 62 SAC In Nickle finish.

I'll put it up against any of the other pumps - including my Winchester Model 62A.

It looks good, handles great, and shoots as well as needed.

Last edited by Roadrat; 05-06-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:21 PM
warndt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys for the clarification...That Mag in nickle is SWEEEEET! I like them in blue too...they show a nice worn patina in blue after time...which I personally find attractive.

Overall... You gotta love those carbines!!

Wm.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Kestrel4k
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
My Rossi 62 Carbine was my first ever gun, my Dad gave it to me when I was 8-9 or so.

I don't shoot it that much anymore (I did take a couple of jackrabbits with it a couple of years ago, for old times' sake).
However, I've still put more rounds through it than all my other firearms, combined.

A very fun gun to shoot, my wife was hankering for mine until I purchased a different .22 rifle for her.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
warndt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I agree, they are fine rifles. but guns change throughout the years of manufacturing from any company.....heck I have had navy arms 92 lever guns purchased in the same calendar year and you would swear there was two different builders. I am not sure you can identify a bad year on the rossi guns just that my three guns do vary.
fwiw, i would not sell any of them and regret selling the later Taurus 22 mag version....bobn
Speaking of the MAG version of this rifle....any comments, criticisms or accolades?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:54 AM
crabillw
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had a Taurus with that top safety in .22 WRM for years now. I'd removed the rear sight & replaced it with the Weaver type base that Taurus sold for mounting a long eye relief pistol scope. It originally wore a 2X Nikon, which has since moved over to one of my contender handguns & been replaced with a Simmons 2X on the pump. I've never had a bit of problem with it, A hoot of a set up for plinking @ moving targets, thought that's gotten pretty heavy on the wallet with the current prices of .22 WRM ammo. Still choke when I see the current prices being asked for .22 WRM and then look at the price tag on my stash & see $5.99 per.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:11 AM
bobn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
well for what it is worth I went to a 22 silhouette shoot in harris on sat. while I an not a top shooter I did have a lot of fun.
...my kimber hunter and Nikon 22 rimfre scope did well at the 50 meters, 100 meters and 150 meter. did not master the 200 meters though.
...now for the rossi report, of the two that I bought the most recent production interarms version shot the best. once I got the sight picture figured out i nailed the 50 meters open sight targets down. what is funny that's the gun that the wood sucks and the bluing is more like blacking. oh well.
....the older score master pmc ammo shoot well but it is now all gone. the jury is still out on the newer aguilla super extra. bobn
Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Rick-F
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
. . . but well varnished wood with purple bluing. action has been shot smooth. the later but still Garcia imported era rossi is the nicest. correct color bluing, better sights, nice wood and a firm but smooth action. the interarms rossi is rude all the way around. bobn
Is this like the purple bluing you are referring to . . . ?

Old 06-24-2014, 10:05 PM
bobn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sorry for the late reply, got side tracked with the c6 trans in my clunker(the other bad habit) ...yea that is the color lol.

.......bobn
Old 08-16-2016, 07:49 PM
RebelnCommieland

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Rossi

Hi guys,
This is my first post here. I inherited a Rossi 22 pump action rifle with the serial number G289795, 22S- LORLR, I need help on further information on it. It has a box magazine.

Last edited by RebelnCommieland; 08-16-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Sparks1954

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Huh a pump with a box mag although revival of a thread is good for us all
Old 08-17-2016, 02:50 AM
RebelnCommieland

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wish there was a way to post pictures of it.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Roadrat

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelnCommieland View Post
Wish there was a way to post pictures of it.
Easy. Just email them to me and I'll post them from my photobucket account.