Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:02 PM
JoeBobber
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)

Does anyone know if the flash suppressor on it is threaded on or permanately attatched? It also came with a BX-25. I don't know which model it is.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Messer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's threaded on, and in the few I've looked at, they are not on very tight. Get a wrench and put it on the flats, and it should loosen up easily.

It's probably a model 11140...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Ruge.../gun-11140.htm

Take care,
Bob S.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 AM
1srelluc

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I saw one of the camo models and the OP is correct, the transfer was done poorly. Demand equals cut corners these days I guess.

As for the gap that is normal.

The FH comes right off. Mine was just tight enough that I had to use a wrench on the flats. No big effort at all to remove it.

Getting shed of the FH was the first thing I did as it's sorta retarded looking IMHO. I just but a thread protector on in it's place. Why increase the length by around two inches if you ain't going to use a can?

Meh, there is no accounting for taste and that is what makes the gun world go round.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 09:35 PM
iflyfish
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate to sound negative or only post negative comments but.........

My first takedown had pins and springs falling out of the trigger group the first time I broke it down for cleaning. It would not zero with the sights or a scope. The Ruger symbol fell out of the stock too. It went back to Ruger who promptly and couterously replaced it with a new gun.

On this one, I had to file the receiver rails to get the bolt to go in and out correctly. Yesterday I took it to the range. After 30 or so rounds I noticed the accuracy falling off. After some checking I found the pin that holds the rear site in place (allows it to fold) had worked out and was just hanging on. I brought it home and managed to get it back in. Unsure how long it will stay in but I'm not sure what to do to keep it from falling out.

I have another10-22 and so does my son. We are both very happy with them. I have a Ruger American 22 mag that seems to be ok so far. But I'm with you, even though I really like the gun, it's size, function and coolness factor I am just not really impressed with the quality of the takedown.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Yeah. most of the Ruger's I have had, the pins always fall out, the 2 trigger pins that hold everything together. My first thing is to put oversized pins in, which I know overtime will just make the problem even worse, but it keeps it tight for me anyways. I am thinking of getting that Kidd setup, with the pin, and 2 screws. That is what ruger should do. On ALL pins. It just makes sense. Of corse stip one and you are in trouble. I don't know. Maybe I will call Ruger. I will post a pic and let you all tell me if this gap is acceptable. I love Ruger, and it makes me sick to see the quality going down, despite their record breaking sales and stock prices. They have never made MORE money in the history, EVER, and they are putting out junk, and it aint going to keep them on top long. THAT is for sure!

I am sorry to hear about your issues with the dang emblem falling out. It is just not acceptable. Obviously they are cutting corners, where else? Is it gonna blow up on me? I mean where does it end?
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
two4spooky
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
grip emblem falling out

The grip emblem in my stock fell out also. I view that fault as a plus. I will cross drill the stock with the emblem in place and use a pin(small cotter key?) to retain the emblem. WHA-LA...I now have a small storage space in the stock for a small pull-thru cleaning kit.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Sheriff160
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
If you don't like the Ruger camo, just buy the plain black version and have it camo dipped in the pattern of your choice.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:24 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff160 View Post
If you don't like the Ruger camo, just buy the plain black version and have it camo dipped in the pattern of your choice.

Now THATS cool!!!

DrGunner
Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 AM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff160 View Post

Again, this was a gift. I am MORE than capable of dipping it how I want, but none of that has to do with this thread.

I wanted a takedown since they first came out. Now that I was GIVEN one, I can.t believe how poorly made it is. Oh, on the end of the box it says its a 140 or 141, and the ups just ends in all 1's after that. I am guessing that is the model, a 141111 or 140111. Anyway, all the problems will be handled when I get a walnut stock for it. Actually have te stock, just waiting for the guy to have time to do it.

I just don't think it is acceptable for a gun company to cut corners. That is when things go boom the bad way. They are a trusted American brand. So what about demand. Make it right, make it good. Otherwise they won't have to worry about demand. I am going to see if maybe the takedown screw is too tight, or the barrel band, maybe the v-block, see if everything is level, and if it is, it's just a HORRIBLE cut. How that could look good like that is beyond me. I promise I will get some pics up, and you can judge the gap. Normal or not. You won't be able to see tge activator bumps, but they are their, all over. Like little pins on your cheeck rest.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Sheriff160
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBobber View Post
Again, this was a gift. I am MORE than capable of dipping it how I want, but none of that has to do with this thread.
I did not post that for your benefit. I posted it for all the other members who will read this thread who are looking to buy one of these rifles. Apparently you are not looking for any discussion, alternatives or solutions, you just want to vent.
I apologize for the non relevant post.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 AM
GTwannabe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 is a cheaply built gun. It only commands a high price because of the huge aftermarket.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
dittos that great looking camo , but sorry to hear of the disappointment of the OP , i don't have one of these so nothing to gauge by , but is there a lot of unhappy take-down owners out there ?
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
GDubya

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yes, shame on Ruger for the Takedown stock's el cheapo fit and finish:

I'm waiting on Hogue's replacement. And, as with most of Ruger's .22LR offerings, the trigger's getting done...
Old 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM
two4spooky

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
very pleased with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by A square 10 View Post
dittos that great looking camo , but sorry to hear of the disappointment of the OP , i don't have one of these so nothing to gauge by , but is there a lot of unhappy take-down owners out there ?
Remember this is a light weight $300+ take down carbine. The stock alignment is a five minute fix, CALGUNS.com has a good detail. Emblem coming out is a non issue to me, I am thinking of getting another TD and will likely pop it out to modify. Don't sweat the small stuff. My is boringly reliable and more accurate than expected. That is what matters to me.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Prairiedillo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubya View Post
Which TD comes with fiber optic sights or did you put those on? If so where did you get them?

Thanks