Counterfeit Optics - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation Counterfeit Optics

Perhaps, a source of some of the counterfeit optics being sold.
Counterfeit Leupold Riflescope Warning

Xinde Optical Factory: Sindh Optical Instrument Factory Double Click on HOME

Counterfeit: Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M1 Illum. Reticle - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm LR/T M1 Illum. Reticle - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Last edited by JEE; 10-24-2013 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Add exclamation symbol
Old 05-30-2007, 09:43 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Counterfeit Optics

Counterfeit ACOG 4X32 - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Counterfeit Leupold

Counterfeit: Leupold CQ/T 1-3X14 - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Last edited by aom22; 05-31-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Correct Text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Counterfeit EOtech 551

Counterfeit EOtech 551 - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Last edited by aom22; 05-31-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Correct Text
Old 05-30-2007, 10:11 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Counterfeit: Doctor Sight

Xinde Optical Factory

Counterfeit Docter Sight - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Counterfeit: Docter Sight - Pistol Mounted

.................................................. ....... Note: The Docter Optics Owl

Last edited by aom22; 05-31-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Correct Text
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Counterfeit Aimpoint

Counterfeit AIMPOINT® COMP - Double Click PRODUCTS, then select specific product at left

Last edited by aom22; 05-31-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Correct Text
Old 05-31-2007, 12:16 AM
bartsimpson12384
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Chinese have been copying a couple of these for quite some time now. What's the point of this thread? The chinese can copy these optics. They have been doing it with everything else it seems. In fact, most everything now-a-days comes from China. The products aren't as high qualities as their real counterparts, but lots of stuff is decent for the amount you pay.
I think everybody knows this overused saying, but it is a proven fact:
"You get what you pay for."
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
wulkyrie
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I heard that the Chinese copy of Leupold may even be legalised by congress??
Somebody tell me I am wrong.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
recumbent
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulkyrie View Post
I heard that the Chinese copy of Leupold may even be legalised by congress??
Somebody tell me I am wrong.
your Wrong
Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Dan308
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbent View Post
your Wrong
I invented a device and got it patented. There are many, many things about patents the average guy doesn't know. The way it's set up a company could make my device and sell it and I couldn't do a thing. Apparently, Leupold is having that problem. Read this link

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/879017-1.html
Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsimpson12384 View Post
The Chinese have been copying a couple of these for quite some time now. What's the point of this thread? The chinese can copy these optics. They have been doing it with everything else it seems. In fact, most everything now-a-days comes from China. The products aren't as high qualities as their real counterparts, but lots of stuff is decent for the amount you pay.
What you say is true, but are these Chinese clones actually telling the consumer they are in fact Chinese manufactured clones? Or are they simply doing everything they can to appear as if they were an actual Leupold product. If the consumer does not know these copies exist (and I didn't - Thanks AOM22!), then the consumer is being ripped off.

Let the Chinese compete with Leupold by making it under their own label - now thats fair enterprise. Let the consumer pay the costs for what they feel the product is worth - that is fair enterprise.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:15 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Consumer Fraud

Quote:

The point of the post is to make it known. That, some of optics being offered for sale as the genuine article, may not be what they are purported to be. It is one thing to present a product as a clone, and, quite another, to pretend to be the real McCoy.

A certified gun nut (such as yourself - me included) should be able to detect a counterfeit item when they examine it.

However, Newbies ... are another story. Another purpose of the post is to educate the newcomer to our hobby to be knowledgeable, as well as wary, when buying optics - especially over the internet.

Moreover, I thought the problem was isolated to Leupold products - the Mark 4 line in-particular. Apparently not, AIMPOINT® COMP, EOtech, Trijicon and Docter Sight (note the Docter Owl) items are also being counterfeited. The problem in the optics arena is much more extensive and involves more manufacturers than I had been aware of to-date.

Last edited by aom22; 05-31-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Additional Text
Old 05-31-2007, 05:05 PM
bartsimpson12384
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, to my knowledge, most of the Chinese rip-offs say "Made in China" on them. If you can't determine which one is real by that then you are on crack. Although, I am not sure if all of them have that on there. Bottom line is, if you find an amazing deal on any of the scopes mentioned online and they list it as a Leupold or whatever, it mostly like is the Chinese counterpart.

"A certified gun nut (such as yourself - me included) should be able to detect a counterfeit item when they examine it."

I agree with this, and hopefully nobody gets ripped off because someone mislabled their Chinese scopes. I guess we have to keep an eye out on retailers of these items. Do you know of any American retailers(or anyone that ships to the U.S. for that matter) that are falsely labeling their optics. I haven't seen any yet...

I bet you can find them on eBay, however.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
How about we make a law which requires all products to list country of origin as well. Maybe that would help, though I'm not sure the newbies would not know that Leupolds don't come from China - they are U.S. made.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Dan308
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Well, to my knowledge, most of the Chinese rip-offs say "Made in China" on them. If you can't determine which one is real by that then you are on crack. Although, I am not sure if all of them have that on there. Bottom line is, if you find an amazing deal on any of the scopes mentioned online and they list it as a Leupold or whatever, it mostly like is the Chinese counterpart.

"A certified gun nut (such as yourself - me included) should be able to detect a counterfeit item when they examine it."

I agree with this, and hopefully nobody gets ripped off because someone mislabled their Chinese scopes. I guess we have to keep an eye out on retailers of these items. Do you know of any American retailers(or anyone that ships to the U.S. for that matter) that are falsely labeling their optics. I haven't seen any yet...

I bet you can find them on eBay, however.
when I was producing my product, I checked on the import and export laws. If it's made in china, it MUST be marked as such somewhere on the box or the unit. According to the information I got it can't leave China unless it is marked. The Chinese are getting better at reverse engineering.
As for Ebay, you can't advertise the product buy a brand name or say it's better than a brand name unless it is that brand name. I mean really, if you think you're going to get a Mark 4 for 42.00 plus really high shipping costs, you deserve what you get.