Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:48 PM
John45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggershoe View Post
Cleanprone: How close is that LVT, with the 3x9 EFR mounted, to the 7.5 lb. weight limit? I'm surprised that it actually MAKES weight for CMP Rimfire Sporter, with that heavier barrel.
I am doing the same for CMP Rimfire. Just got my LTV 1237 (stainless barrel with blue receiver). Got a low priced Simmons 3-9X40 that weights only 10ozs with AL rings. Right now, and without the swivel studs, it weighs 7 lbs 1/2 oz. including the magazine. Since you can remove the sling prior to weighing I am going to use the quick lock swivels so they will come off with the sling. Don't see where the swivels have to be on the rifle for weighing.

So it will make it but it may be close after I get it bedded. Worse comes to worse it will be barely overweight but depending on how much I may be able to drill out some wood from the rear of the stock to keep it at weight. Without the bedding it will make weight if you watch what you put on it re the scope. I have no idea how much, if any, weight will be added by bedding.

I also am planning on shooting this, not with this scope, in the new ABRA shoots hence the need to bed.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 PM
280phil66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Recently got an e-mail from a major national gun dealer, Ruger LVTs are available. Model 1234 is on order, Ruger BX trigger already here.