J&P Hammer 39A Springs - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

Got a email from J&P that my spring and one I got for my friend are going out tomorrow.
Can't wait to put it in and then go to the range.

strangms
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM
sakopete
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Glad all you are happy with the spring.
Pete
Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
J&P or Wolff for rebounding Hammer????

Gizzy, and other 39 Wizards: For a Crossbolt/Rebound Marlin 39AS, should I order the J&P? Or should I order the Wolff to lighten the trigger pull on this model.

I want to try a lighter spring first before I do away with the rebounding hammer.

OR, should I get rid of the rebound first???

What say you Marlin 39 Genius's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 08:34 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
I would order a replacement hammer strut and the J&P hammer spring. Its better than the Wolff spring. Just changing the spring when you still have a rebounding hammer will surely lead to light strikes. Many come out of the factory with light strikes.

If you want a better trigger pull, I would get rid of the rebounding hammer, then put in a J&P spring. The lever will work smoother and felt trigger pull will be lighter.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 PM
DirkMandeville

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well you guys would bring this up right after I replaced my stock spring with a Wolff spring on my old 39a. I was worried about the potential of light hammer strikes after reading a lot of reports of that, so I used the inner notch in the tang to mount the metal keeper for the spring. I'm wondering if I should have used the outer notch and tested it for failure to fire before switching to the inner notch. Would have probably resulted in a lighter trigger pull. Now I'm wishing I had known about these J&P springs before I got the Wolff springs. Oh well...
Old 03-31-2016, 07:50 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried to order a J&P hammer spring for my Marlin 39AS with rebounding hammer; but since J&P refused to give me any phone # to contact them---I ordered a Wolff hammer spring from Midway. I hope it will help.

I also sent J&P a letter telling them why I did not order from them. Perhaps there is a human being at J&P who will think a fellow human being is worth a reply. I will let you all know if there is.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's the Reply I received from J&P

"Peter Flynn
Add to contacts
6:46 PM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Jon Bischof
[email protected]
That is fine. From our website:
Contact Us

We are an email based company. If you require a telephone call, please email us your telephone number and we will return your call as soon as possible.
I have no desire to talk on the phone all day long to trollers. We call customers as soon as they request it. You are welcome to take your business wherever you wish."

So now I'm a "troll"???!

Should I give this guy my Phone Number?
Old 03-31-2016, 08:50 PM
1Merlin

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Simple choice - Do or Not.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:28 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sent J&P a reply to the email they sent me. I asked my question in the email. We will see what they say.

Maybe they have dealt with so many complainers that they are a bit quick on the draw to dismiss a new customer who questions their protocol. But it is their company and their protocol, so I will follow it and see if they answer my email question.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:52 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelbark View Post
I sent J&P a reply to the email they sent me. I asked my question in the email. We will see what they say.

Maybe they have dealt with so many complainers that they are a bit quick on the draw to dismiss a new customer who questions their protocol. But it is their company and their protocol, so I will follow it and see if they answer my email question.

Sakopete from J&P is a member here, so you can also send a PM. He is the one who contacted me to do the testing for this spring.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:55 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
"Peter Flynn
Add to contacts
6:46 PM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Jon Bischof
[email protected]
That is fine. From our website:
Contact Us

We are an email based company. If you require a telephone call, please email us your telephone number and we will return your call as soon as possible.
I have no desire to talk on the phone all day long to trollers. We call customers as soon as they request it. You are welcome to take your business wherever you wish."

So now I'm a "troll"???!

Should I give this guy my Phone Number?

These are great guys to deal with, and I am sure they have good reasons for not giving out a phone number. Trust me.... they make the best products out there. Be patient. Everyone wants everything done yesterday. I will stand behind J&P 100%.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:22 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Having dealt with Jim and Pete since they first came here I'm always perplexed when someone "has a problem" with them, these guys bend over backwards when it comes to customer service and always have. If Pete sent you that I can only imagine what you sent him.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Having dealt with Jim and Pete since they first came here I'm always perplexed when someone "has a problem" with them, these guys bend over backwards when it comes to customer service and always have. If Pete sent you that I can only imagine what you sent him.

Well, it could be what "someone" has said in the past that has lead them to only do e-mails, or them calling your number. And this has just hit someone else the wrong way. These are great guys.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:24 AM
DirkMandeville

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I tried to order a J&P hammer spring for my Marlin 39AS with rebounding hammer; but since J&P refused to give me any phone # to contact them---I ordered a Wolff hammer spring from Midway. I hope it will help.

I also sent J&P a letter telling them why I did not order from them. Perhaps there is a human being at J&P who will think a fellow human being is worth a reply. I will let you all know if there is.
They are pretty up front with their policy on their "contact us" page. They clearly state: "We are an email based company. If you require a telephone call, please email us your telephone number and we will return your call as soon as possible. Please note that we do not accept credit card orders over the phone."

[Remainder of post deleted for civility reasons]

Last edited by DirkMandeville; 04-01-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Lets not let this get too out of hand here. I put this here for everyone to know about J&P's hammer springs and how good they are. I can just as well delete it myself without the assistance of the mods since I started the thread. I will start another one since this comes up all the time, but don't need all this on here.

If you notice all the different gun models they have small parts for on their web site, they are probably pretty busy. Please be patient with them.

Another post about this one issue, and I will delete the entire thread. Please be nice.