Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM
stupah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgcabs View Post
Sent mr kull two of my stocks and $90. This is what the forends look like:

I plan on making a jig to try to route out the recesses correctly.

I requested a refund.

I will post additional pics after I assemble the two.
I will buy the lighter colored one from you for $45 and shipping.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:44 PM
kgcabs

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupahdahso View Post
I will buy the lighter colored one from you for $45 and shipping.
Make it $85 and it's yours. I paid $35 for the stock and $45 for the modifications.
I am trying to get a refund from kull.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 PM
EndlessFields

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So your marking up the product you are unhappy with as well as trying to get the refund from the person who did the modifications...

-EndlessFields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 04:54 AM
DTakas

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
-----

Last edited by DTakas; 01-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 AM
stupah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will buy the lighter colored one for $45 and shipping.

Just trying to help you cut your percieved losses cuz, no need to get all banker on me.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
kgcabs

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Of course I am not going to get a refund for the "work" kull did and sell the stocks. It's either or. If someone less interested in form as well as funtion wants to buy the stock as is including what I paid for the original stock and five bucks for shipping....so be it.

The bottom line is I will not use either one of these stocks and I feel the work is not acceptable.

My bad for assuming he would provide a service that was well executed.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
jrkull

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think the concern is over the lack of taper in the cutout for the take down lever. This is done on purpose just like the prototype in order to preserve strength in that area. If that's tapered you have to go too deep in order to get a finger on the lever. That thickness left in the lever cut out ensures that it's not going to chip or split there. Each stock is fit to work with the minimum amout of material removed, and still have everything function correctly. The goal is to have the durability of the plastic there in real wood. Once assembled it looks good with the lever hidden in the cut out. The last thing you want is the bottom of the taper to be paper thin and fail right away. The only one I've tapered there was a walnut that was considerably thicker to start with in that area. Remember that Ruger doesn't make wood for these most likely because of that very issue, the wood wasn't intended in the factory to have to carry that thick take down block and lever. If you get thinner than about a quarter inch there the risk of it splitting and breaking becomes too great. If the forend was thicker to start with I see Karl's complaint as valid, but the goal is to be able to use it without worring about it failing every time you take it down and put it back together.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Motor7
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Kg, I think this should have been handled in private. But now that it's out "here" ..............

Jr, I think what Kg is referring too is the overrun on the inlet. A containment jig should have prevented this. On Jr's side, woodworking can be a challenge and mistakes can be made because wood does not always cooperate. You guys should talk and come to an agreement..................
Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
stupah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I apologize if i came off a little eager or harsh mr. Cab, i just want one of these really bad but don't have a donor stock to send in. I'll come up with one somehow and i hope mr. Kull is still making the modifications then.

I didn't account for your initial cost of stock blank you sent in. I'll meet you halfway if you wish, $65 for modified stock and split shipping for grand total of $67.50, final offer. For the light colored one. If that is not a fair deal for you then i will get one another way soon enough.

I assumed the dissatisfaction was with the 'hourglass' shape of major inlet? That don't bother me. We live in an imperfect world, i'd rather see minor bumps and bruises that show the handcrafted care and effort that went in to making something unique and one off than buy cheap stamped all the same made in china plastic crap. No offense to china. Or plastic. Or crap.

To each their own. Again, sorry if i muddied the waters.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM
expanman
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
You've got an issue with what he did for SIXTY BUCKS? REALLY???!!!

Last edited by expanman; 06-25-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Rocad
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkull View Post
Anyone have any interest in a wood stock for their new take down model. I have a few carbine take offs I could make into take down stocks. I've done one for myself. Anyone else interested let me know?

Mr. Kull, Im very interested in one of these! Could you plz PM the status on them?

Thanks MUCH
Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Hogeyphenogey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd take a little sandpaper, and maybe a very sharp chisel. The hard work was done by kull. Sand the little overlap from the drill bit hole overlaps and voila! I like the dark one myself.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:36 PM
LonghunterCO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If it works as is use it and move on. If you wished it was cleaned up a little, clean it up yourself and move on. If is doesn't work ask for a refund. Just my $0.02.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 AM
unrequited

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can we see more stocks? All this drama has made me wary... I'm still interested though.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
stupah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
Can we see more stocks? All this drama has made me wary... I'm still interested though.
Me too. I want one because i really like the look and then i could take the stock synthetic one and not worry if i ruined it opening up the grip or butt for storage. Was and still is a great idea.